Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull Wax

Barefooternewbie

Good afternoon,

I'm looking to wax my boat hull this week and was hoping to get some input on what brands are good and where's the best place to purchase them.

Thanks

JD

martinarcher

I like Collinite fleetwax. It requires a separate cleaner before waxing which makes it a two step process. I bought them online.

Collinite's is by far the best wax. A lot of people will comment on polished and spray on waxes, but do you boat a favor and apply a real wax that protects the hull and lasts a good 6 months like Collinites.

My boat is 22 years old and the previous owner and I are both believers in the Collinite products. That was one of the reason's I bought my boat...I knew it had been waxed all it's life with Collinte's. It has never been wetsanded or refinished and looks like brand new.

Klasse Sealant is great for boats...lasts up to a year. Collinite fleet paste wax is great too. I would probably do a coat of Klasse followed by a coat of Collinite.

Edited by MexTex

JD,

I use Collinites as well since suggested to me by a lot of "crew members". The cleaner is amazing and the wax seems to hold up really well. Takes a lot of time to do it right but it looks great. I bought mine online through an ebay dealer in the USA and had it brought up but I think there is a dealer in Scarborough. Google it. Have fun doing it this time of year...when you're cleaning and waxing, I'll be skiing.(LOL)

Kev

martinarcher

So how do you guys prepare the boat for wax. Is claying an effiective method?

I use Collinite's Fiberglass Boat Cleaner #920 followed by the Fiberglass Boat Wax #925. After hearing about the Fleetwax paste I might give it a go next time. 06 really likes it and says he thinks it lasts a bit longer than the boat wax. I do know the boat wax goes on easily without any drama at all and lasts really well with heavy boat use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Collinite-Fiberglass-Boat-Wax-Cleaner-Kit-FACTORY-FRESH-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eabab365fQQitemZ200448620127QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear#ht_1119wt_732