Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hunting issue Malibu Cruise 2010

Hi

In my 08 VTX the Malibu Cruise is working very well also in others 08 I know.

My friend is having hunting issues in his 2010 VLX 23 LS3 (speed is not holding, it is hunting up and down around the value)

Anyone is having simular issues and/or a solution for?

Thanks

Heinrich

I have a 2009 VLX and have had this problem from day one. The dealer has replaced the paddle wheel three times and it is a little better then it was, but still surges bad. I am in the process of getting rid of the paddle wheel to see if it fixes the problem, I should know in a couple of weeks if it fixes it. Basically the cruise control is useless on MPH, it works fine on RPM. There have been a number of complaints on here about this very problem.

Terry

Hi

In my 08 VTX the Malibu Cruise is working very well also in others 08 I know.

My friend is having hunting issues in his 2010 VLX 23 LS3 (speed is not holding, it is hunting up and down around the value)

Anyone is having simular issues and/or a solution for?

Thanks

Heinrich

i have the same problem. just started last weekend. 2007 i ride. where is the paddle wheel, is it difficult to replace?

J

Edited by foiler1
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2009 VLX and have had this problem from day one. The dealer has replaced the paddle wheel three times and it is a little better then it was, but still surges bad. I am in the process of getting rid of the paddle wheel to see if it fixes the problem, I should know in a couple of weeks if it fixes it. Basically the cruise control is useless on MPH, it works fine on RPM. There have been a number of complaints on here about this very problem.

Terry

Hey any more news on this? What are you replacing the paddle wheel with? GPS? Work any better??