Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Difference between 2005 and 2007 VLX

birsling79

Are there any hull, motor, or other fundamental differences between the 2005 and 2007 Wakesetter VLX? If both have an Illusion X tower, do the accept the same cover?

Thanks in advance for your help

Are there any hull, motor, or other fundamental differences between the 2005 and 2007 Wakesetter VLX? If both have an Illusion X tower, do the accept the same cover?

Thanks in advance for your help

No hull, motor, or tower differences other than options. The cover should fit on either.

The wedge is different and the 05 light is not on the tower. Also the tower is not spring assisted on the 05. The back deck is 3 doors on an 05 instead of 2 in 07.

The wedge is different and the 05 light is not on the tower. Also the tower is not spring assisted on the 05. The back deck is 3 doors on an 05 instead of 2 in 07.

THanks BL. I did notice the change to the 2 door sundeck. Didn't think of the spring assist, since I don't have it on my 05 now. Is there any difference in the wedge, other than the power option?

I didn't know you wanted every detail on changes, in your OP you're asking if there were any differences between the boats that would prevent a cover from fitting?

Cats (Monsoon only in '07), TBW, SBW, Malibu Cruise & the different dash are others that the '05 won't have that the '07 will. Carpet is much different between the 2 years as well. Floating wedge became available in '07, in '05 it was the older locking version. Gel & exterior graphics are much different between the 2 years. There was a GPS speedo option in '05 that was not offered in '07.

I didn't know you wanted every detail on changes, in your OP you're asking if there were any differences between the boats that would prevent a cover from fitting?

Don't worry 06, I won't hold it against you. I was mainly focused towards hull and mechanical differences, but I'll take any and all info, as long as it's accurate! Thanks to everyone for their help.