Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Floating Wedge Locking Pin Gone

jtrovato

So just like the topic says, I lost one of the locking pins on my floating wedge today. Put it down to wakeboard, both pins were there, put it back up for a beginner to board, didn't notice if it was there or not because I just pulled it up and it locked into place. Went to go put it down to surf and only one of the little tabs that you squeeze to release it was there. The other one must have loosened up and fell off, then the pin slid out. The boat's still in the water on the dock, so I have no idea what parts I need. I know one side of the locking pin is still there with the thumb screw, but the other must have completely fallen out, possibly the spring too because there's no tension on the remaining pin.

Anybody know of anyplace online (Bakes?) that would have the replacement parts? Or should I just head to my dealer which is about 35 minutes away instead?

Jay

I lost mine this weekend as well... Even a part number would be helpful or someone to contact as my local dealer is hours away and they didn't seem to have any idea what I'm talking about.

thanks

My dealer is waiting to hear back from Malibu on the part numbers that I need (pin, thumb screw thing, and spring). Their rep is out of the office today so he said he probably won't hear back until tomorrow. They don't have them in stock so he's going to have them shipped directly to me as soon as he gets the right info from Malibu. I'll post back with the p/n's as soon as I find out.

Just got off the phone with my dealer, good news, Malibu is shipping the parts free of charge even though I'm out of warranty! Bad news is the parts guy at the dealer said he only has 1 of the p/n's because the Malibu guy said he'll just ship everything to him. So the p/n for the pin is 6176103, but I don't have the number for the spring or the thumb screw. Your dealer should definitely know what you're talking about if you tell them to look at a manual floating wedge and look at the release mechanism that holds it in place. If not, they should not be a Malibu dealer!

Good luck!