Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Uneven Trailer Tire Wear

Need to replace two more trailer tires this year after doing one last year. They all have the same uneven wear pattern: the inner third of the tire is going completely bald before the outer third is even down to the tread wear indicators. I always keep them inflated properly. Is there an adjustment or something I can do to get a more even wear from them?

Sounds like you either have a trailer with bent axles,bent spindles or you have to much weight in it. If your stubs are bent you could have a frame shop straighten them. Not norman

I have 2 Cargo Trailers, 1 Fifth Wheel Holday trailer and a boat trailer.. They all wear unevenly... You can go ahead and have the axles aligned but when you hit the next pothole you will have wasted your $250... Just keep throwing tires on it.. With my boat trailer I have to replace them due to dry rot before I wear them out any how. However with my Cargo trailers I always have to replace one tire twice as often as the other 3... And I have had them both aligned....

Sounds like a bent axle or axles. My trailer does the same thing, nothing major. Axles are around $500 . I get 3 seasons out of my tire on one side. The way I figure, just throw new tires on every 4 seasons. Don't have to worry about dry rot then :thumbup:

I have 2 Cargo Trailers, 1 Fifth Wheel Holday trailer and a boat trailer.. They all wear unevenly... You can go ahead and have the axles aligned but when you hit the next pothole you will have wasted your $250... Just keep throwing tires on it.. With my boat trailer I have to replace them due to dry rot before I wear them out any how. However with my Cargo trailers I always have to replace one tire twice as often as the other 3... And I have had them both aligned....

I'm not sure what kind of pot holes your hitting but I've had one trailer that had that problem and once the axles were aligned it lasted 4 years without any issues.