Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle Issues??

I've got a 98 SSLX with 320 Monsoon and have been having some issues. Some I'm sure are altitude related since I'm almost always boat above 7000ft, today was at 9000'.

Either way, when I throttle the boat up in gear it comes up to about 19mph and then sits there, if I "pump" the throttle between 9oclock and 11 it'll rev up just fine and get up to skiing speed. and then I can back off and it'll sit around 9:30 When in neutral it revs fine up to 3600 then sits there while the throttle moves from about 2:30 to about 4:30 and then it shoots up and bounces off the rev limiter. I know more info would be better but I can't think of the RPM's when in gear right now.

After searching and reading a bunch I think it could be one of the following. TPS, Clogged/dirty injectors, fuel pressure regulator, or the fact I have stainless crossover lines.

All filters are new, cap, rotor, plugs look good, any other easy fixes, gas is new and just threw a can on SeaFoam in there today to see if it would make a difference.

The dead spot in neutral makes me think the crossover lines like others have had, having the "pump" the throttle is throwing me in another direction.

help

Update. today put the the boat in the water, let her warm up and ran great. smooth up to 4200. as I reached the end of the lake she started to creep down to about 3600 and wouldn't get back above that the rest off the day.

I'm pulling my hair out.