Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dialing in a VTX wake

CJAY

Ok I've got an 07 VTX with 340 monsoon and 1235 acme prop, we are at 5280 feet of altitude( which limits our wieght to power). It's got 900lbs stock and the power wedge, I also run 500lbs bag in the bow at times, but can feel it on the hole shot a little with 5-6 people in the boat. If we go full wedge we porpus. Can anyone help me dial this in for the best wake possible. Right now I'm riding at about 22-23mph and 75ft

Edited by CJAY

Have you tried just not using the wedge or having it all the way deployed then hitting the up button 2 times for max wake without it being too steep? Personally we have found that no wedge, full rear (left and right), center and front makes a really nice wake when you have that many people on board. I'll fill the ballast full then according to where everyone decides to sit.... I will add / remove water to create an even wake for each rider. <--- Thats why surfing is so much more fun.... load up one side and go.

Yeah I've ben moving away from the wedge quite a bit, ecspecially with a full boat and 1400lbs of ballast. The wedge is tough on the driver, becasue full wedge with that much weight and the hole shot isn't going to happen at a mile high. I just feel it firms the wake up nicely, doesn't see to add that much when running that heavy.

Ok I've got an 07 VTX with 340 monsoon and 1235 acme prop, we are at 5280 feet of altitude( which limits our wieght to power). It's got 900lbs stock and the power wedge, I also run 500lbs bag in the bow at times, but can feel it on the hole shot a little with 5-6 people in the boat. If we go full wedge we porpus. Can anyone help me dial this in for the best wake possible. Right now I'm riding at about 22-23mph and 75ft

Make sure your wedge is calibrated. If you don't know how to do that use search and you will find it. An out of calibration wedge can be the culprit in porpoising Once it is calibrated you should be able to adjust it so you don't porpoise.

I've looked and gone into setup to calibrate it, but can't seem to find anywhere where I can actually get it odne, just gives me the option to turn it off and on.

With the 537 I sturggled out of the hole, with the 1235 I can get out full ballst full wedge and 4 people inn the bopat like there is nothing there

I've looked and gone into setup to calibrate it, but can't seem to find anywhere where I can actually get it odne, just gives me the option to turn it off and on.

With the 537 I sturggled out of the hole, with the 1235 I can get out full ballst full wedge and 4 people inn the bopat like there is nothing there

Hmm, I looked and you had asked this before, no luck huh?

this is my wake, 3 standard tanks (830 lbs)+ floating wedge (1000 lbs)+ (500lbs of fatsack in the rear hatches)+ (400 lbs of lead in the centre)+(500lbs in the bow)

all up 1400lbs over standard, and my boat has the cut diamond hull

all on the 320 lcr and standard prop from the factory, takes for ever to get up to speed though

vtx2.jpg

vtx.jpg

vtx3.jpg

Edited by Nicvtx

Hmm, I looked and you had asked this before, no luck huh?

Yeah when I get there it just gives me the option of it being present or not, can't seem to find where to calibrate it

this is my wake, 3 standard tanks (830 lbs)+ floating wedge (1000 lbs)+ (500lbs of fatsack in the rear hatches)+ (400 lbs of lead in the centre)+(500lbs in the bow)

all up 1400lbs over standard, and my boat has the cut diamond hull

all on the 320 lcr and standard prop from the factory, takes for ever to get up to speed though

vtx2.jpg

vtx.jpg

vtx3.jpg

That's a sick wake, but doesn't it drive you nuts dragging through the water trying to get on plane?

martinarcher

i dont fall so it doesnt matter haha

nah its not too bad doesnt really take to long maybe 30-45 seconds.

Looks like it is worth the wait. Rockon.gif I have always wondered if I bought a Wakesetter how the wakeboard wake would look with a properly weighted VTX. Now I know! I would want the diamond hull as I like to pretend to know how to slalom ski here and there. Crazy.gif

Looks like you have it dialed in. I'm sure a better prop for the weight would do heaps for the holeshot as well.

martinarcher

i dont really need the wake prop,

moneys a bit tight at the moment since i bought the boat back in 08 and im only 22

No worries. Looks like your doing fine with the prop you have! Good for you being 22 and owning a 08' Bu. I'm 27 and decided a 22 year old Bu was more my style financially and mechanically. Biggrin.gif

I seem to be having some issues this year with the boat porposing..no idea why, never had any issues last year. The wedge is calibrated and I am running full ballast 1250 lbs with a driver and spotter. I usually try and run at 88% but have had to knock it down to 75 and sometimes 65%? The porposing is inconsistent and will sometimes occur at 75% and sometimes I will be ok at 88%. Any ideas?

i dont really need the wake prop,

moneys a bit tight at the moment since i bought the boat back in 08 and im only 22

So u were 20 when you bought it? That's a sick effort... I'm 22 now and just bought mine...couldn't have done it 2 years ago... We will have to go riding together when mine is finished being built..