Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hose came loose


Recommended Posts

Last night we were pulling in after riding and the auto bilge kicked on..... After inspection we found water gushing from the first "T" fitting from the raw water pump on the driver's side. Thought we split a hose but turns out it just came off the "T"... Looks to be an easy fix just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... Beginning of the year we replaced the raw water pump hose to the V-Drive because is had been rubbing on one of the ballast pumps. Hose was about to go, glad we caught it before hand. When we replaced it we added an extra layer of hose right where it sits next to the pump....

Again just wanted to give everyone a heads up about those two issues..... Also curious if anyone else has had these issues

Link to comment

I had a similar situation this last weekend but it was the hose that came from a T near the water pump and went to the water cooled packing on the drive shaft. The coupler on the shaft rotated 360 degrees and in turn pulled the 3/8" hose off the T. Filled the bottom of the boat with about 6" of water before I noticed the auto bilge pump turning on.

Link to comment

Good thing those bilge bumps move some water! I was impressed, it accually shut off a couple times when we still had the motor running..... Check your hose to the V-Drive... I looked at two there of our friends and nothing like ours...

Link to comment

Last night we were pulling in after riding and the auto bilge kicked on..... After inspection we found water gushing from the first "T" fitting from the raw water pump on the driver's side. Thought we split a hose but turns out it just came off the "T"... Looks to be an easy fix just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... Beginning of the year we replaced the raw water pump hose to the V-Drive because is had been rubbing on one of the ballast pumps. Hose was about to go, glad we caught it before hand. When we replaced it we added an extra layer of hose right where it sits next to the pump....

Again just wanted to give everyone a heads up about those two issues..... Also curious if anyone else has had these issues

My hose did split and filled the compartment with water. the boat bogged down and when it did the nose dropped and sent all of that warm water washing out by my feet at the helm. can you say shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz. hose was a simple fix and i carried an extra that i never used from that point on and of course the tools needed for a quick change.

Link to comment

Last night we were pulling in after riding and the auto bilge kicked on..... After inspection we found water gushing from the first "T" fitting from the raw water pump on the driver's side. Thought we split a hose but turns out it just came off the "T"... Looks to be an easy fix just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... Beginning of the year we replaced the raw water pump hose to the V-Drive because is had been rubbing on one of the ballast pumps. Hose was about to go, glad we caught it before hand. When we replaced it we added an extra layer of hose right where it sits next to the pump....

Again just wanted to give everyone a heads up about those two issues..... Also curious if anyone else has had these issues

Dang...thanks for the heads up aaudii. I think I'll take a look at mine before heading out this weekend.

Link to comment

3 years ago I was breaking in my brand new 2007 247 Wakesetter. It had 1 1/2 hours on it. I had been riding for about 20 minutes when I stopped to watch another boarder. When I tried to resume, the engine wouldn't accelerate past 2000 rpm. About the same time I noticed the bilge pump was on. I lifted the engine hatch and the engine was underwater. Since I didn't know where the water was coming from all I could think to do was make it back to the dock. By the time I made it back the boat was completely swamped. The entire cockpit was knee deep in water. The seat cushions were floating off the seat rests. The batteries were under water (luckily there was no stereo yet). The entire engine including the ECM was submerged. When I attempted to get it on the lift it wouldn't budge. The lift is a 8000 pound lift so I figure I had at least 3000 pounds of water in the boat. After about 30 minutes of the bilge pump running I was able to get it raised enough to pull the drain plugs. It took another 30 minutes to drain the boat. By then it was dark so I decided to look for the cause in the morning. It was one of the raw water cooling hoses. Of course I couldn't see it at the time because it was underwater. It had popped off so the engine was sucking water in and emptying into the boat instead of circulating and discharging out the exhaust. So then I figured the engine had gone into RPM reduction mode because it was overheating. So there I was with a brand new boat with less than 2 hours on it - ruined. This is where the dealer really came through. They took the boat back but since it was the end of the season and they had no more boats they let me custom order a 2008 for the same price. It was a learning experience but not one I care to repeat.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...