Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anchor budy

Slow in it down

I saw a thread about a deal that you attached to your anchor line and it pulls the anchor when start moving the boat so you don't have to pull it your self. Has abyone seen this?

Thanks

Slow,

I have a used free one if you pay to ship. Might cost u $10

better link

edit, I guess I better start packing a grapplin' hook on my boat.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Pete

If Slow don't want it, I would like dibbs.

You can have the Rope I was looking for the ball deal that goes on the line and pulls the anchor up as you move the boat.I ordered it today.

You can have the Rope I was looking for the ball deal that goes on the line and pulls the anchor up as you move the boat.I ordered it today.

I really don't think that ball deal is meant to be used with an anchor buddy. In fact, I noticed that the vid. didn't tell you that you need to run an independent anchor line alongside the anchor buddy line. You're supposed to connect both the anchor buddy line and an anchor line to the anchor then, make a knot or loop in the anchor line 50' up from the anchor.

The reason is, if you throw the anchor in deep water, when you go to pull it up, you're gonna be pulling on an elastic that will continue to stretch and stretch. The anchor line will take over after 50' of stretch and allow you to retrieve the anchor. Also, the independent anchor line is a good back up if the buddy were to break.