Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help! Gauges Are Flakey - Electrical Problem?

Donnieb

I started my 2007 Wakesetter VLX this morning on the lake and my gauges were going crazy. They would go all the way to the right and then back to 0, then back to 100% again. The digital screen would go off and then back on. The boat worked fine (it started and we surfed 1.5 hours), but the gauges were just flakey. I did get one screen that said “service required” but then the boat started working well again and the gauges worked (then later went haywire again). A few days ago we smelled something burning…like a short circuit - but that went away too.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks.

I started my 2007 Wakesetter VLX this morning on the lake and my gauges were going crazy. They would go all the way to the right and then back to 0, then back to 100% again. The digital screen would go off and then back on. The boat worked fine (it started and we surfed 1.5 hours), but the gauges were just flakey. I did get one screen that said service required but then the boat started working well again and the gauges worked (then later went haywire again). A few days ago we smelled something burning…like a short circuit - but that went away too.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Dealer warranty issue most likely. In the mean time take a look for any melted wires under the dash. For sure if you could smell something, you have an electrical issue going on.

Edited by Sunsetter95

Thanks Sunsetter95. I had a mechanic look at it and indeed, the main power cable that came to the fuse box was lose and that appears to be the culprit. I'll check it for sure this weekend!

Thanks.