Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's best mirror arm for 2002 lsv with swoop tower?

me_ski

Please let me know what mirror arm positions the mirror the best on a 2002 LSV with a swoop tower. I'm tired of closing the window to use the mirror and also not seeing what's going on outside the wake on the starboard side.

Please let me know what mirror arm positions the mirror the best on a 2002 LSV with a swoop tower. I'm tired of closing the window to use the mirror and also not seeing what's going on outside the wake on the starboard side.

I bought a solid arm mirror (curved) for my 2002 with a titan tower, it does not work, the tower bend is right about the height of where you want to mount the mirror and it does not fit. The mirror is tilted left to right when the arm is pointing straigt accoss the beam, if you point it more towards the bow so the mirror is level, then you cannot turn the mirror enough to see the starboard stern when sitting in the seat. I ordered one with a pivot in the center of the arm, hopefully that one works out better. (hope this makes sense).

I bought a solid arm mirror (curved) for my 2002 with a titan tower, it does not work, the tower bend is right about the height of where you want to mount the mirror and it does not fit. The mirror is tilted left to right when the arm is pointing straigt accoss the beam, if you point it more towards the bow so the mirror is level, then you cannot turn the mirror enough to see the starboard stern when sitting in the seat. I ordered one with a pivot in the center of the arm, hopefully that one works out better. (hope this makes sense).

Yea, it does. I have the Titan II & have tried the one piece curved brackets your describing with the same results. I have a Fusion bracket with the joint in the middle now & it works as far as making the mirror level. But it's so long I have to push it way forward or back so it doesn't block the walkthru. And with it pushed forward, I can see both tower legs in it. If I push it back, it's actually behind the windshield.

Needless to say I haven't figured out the ideal setup yet. I had 2 mirrors mounted on either side of my MC & loved it. I haven't found brackets that fit the Malibu windshield yet though.

After a bunch of research I ended up with the monster tower mirror arm. It's very adjustable and I've found that it doesn't stick out into the walkway on my 2001 with Titan I tower. I was looking for a pic of it mounted but can't seem to find one. I'll snap a few pictures this weekend and post them up.

I put a samson on mine and it looks good and very functional!

Do you have the Skylon Swoop tower and if so can you post a picture? That's the tower I have and posts regarding other towers such as the Titan tower do not help me with my decision

I have the Skylon Swoop Classic on my SSLXI. I bought a Samson mirror arm and mirror through a Group Buy a couple of years back and I love it. I recommend it highly.

A word of caution though, they originally sent me the wrong arm. It probably was for a Titan as it was too short. They were great in fixing me up with the right one, though.

I have a Skylon Swoop on my 04 LSV and just put on a Samson this year. I really like it so far. It took a couple moves to get it exactly where I want it but it works great now. The CIPA mirror gives me a full view of the rider from side to side and now I don't have to take off the mirror to cover the boat.

Todd