Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to Bu

skylerlt

so im looking to buy a malibu, but dont have a lot of funds due to the fact that im a college student. im just wondering what everyones opinions are for a 19+ ft boat under 25k. im not sure what years will fit in the budget, but any info will help. looking to buy in the next month or two. thanks

i guess i could add in what im wanting out of it. i recently sold my 01 VIP vixen bowrider with the vortec 350 in it. it was fun and all, but im looking for somethinn a little more watersport based. i had originally been torn between a nautique and the malibu, but i fiure the nautiqus are going to be out of my price range. im looking for a boat thats gonna be primarily used to tow a wakeboard. im no pro, but my friends and i are starting to get into the sport a little more. im also looking for a rear motor one. the more seating, the better. i dont know what years, or which model of boats have this setup, or even much about this style of boat in general. what are some things i should be looking for? thanks again

Edited by skylerlt

First off WELCOME ABOARD!

Sounds like you are looking for a V-drive. Price wise from what you mentioned there will be many options out there depending on the year and model. Others that have been on the Crew much longer then I have will be able to give more details after they asked more detailed questions of your needs. :welcome:

Here's a few to take a look at, might even find an '05 vRide close to that price range if you look hard enough.

Wow, depending on your location Boat #3 looks awesome. Titan tower, monsoon engine, wedge, perfect pass, timeless colors. WINNER!

Edited by jk13

thanks for all the info so far. that last boat is pretty much what im looking for. im not a huge fan of the loud colors, so that color is perfect too. location is going to be my biggest issue. i live in ft worth, texas, and the boat is going to be stored at lake eufaula in oklahoma. i'm trying to find something within a few hours from either place. is 00 or 01 going to be about the newest i can get with the v-drive?

Edited by skylerlt

thanks for all the info so far. that last boat is pretty much what im looking for. im not a huge fan of the loud colors, so that color is perfect too. location is going to be my biggest issue. i live in ft worth, texas, and the boat is going to be stored at lake eufaula in oklahoma. i'm trying to find something within a few hours from either place. is 00 or 01 going to be about the newest i can get with the v-drive?

Here's a thought, Go to http://www.boattrader.com or http://onlyinboards.com put in your zip and price range. :whistle: There are definately some good deals out there just be patient and search, search, search.I'd be less concerned with year and more concerned about condition and history.

Edited by apwrx