Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV Surfing !

goochy

Goofy is the only way to go!

I am goofy too and thats the side I surf on. It feels more natural. When people with a regular stance surf the drivers side they always say that they think they would do better on the passengers side. Am I wrong or does it makes sense to surf drivers side if you are goofy?

I am goofy too and thats the side I surf on. It feels more natural. When people with a regular stance surf the drivers side they always say that they think they would do better on the passengers side. Am I wrong or does it makes sense to surf drivers side if you are goofy?

It is much easier to ride toe-side. That is, so that you are facing the wake. Heel side is definitely more difficult. So, no, you are correct surfing goofy on the drivers side (starboard).

forgive my skateboard vernacular, but...i have always been goofy on every board i have ridden in my life. frontside turns on a transition are always easier than backside.

:crazy: I am goofy , and I ride goofy :rofl: . We both ride goofy , the regular side wake is ok with stock ballast , but I wanted a sick wake on the goofy side !
martinarcher

Awesome. Looks like a blast!

That pic from above with the Malibu logo on the swim platform looks like ti belongs on the malibuboats picture page!

Did you take it form a bridge as the boat surfed underneath?

2007 LSV power wedge on 9 , full ballast with 750lbs plumbed in on the goofy side .

3 smaller than me people in boat , I am the fat guy :( , so yes stock ballast with EXTRA 750 lbs on driver side . Its a fun wake

My buddy stands up and takes the pics from the tower , or lays on the swim deck

nice how fast are u going , i am trying to get the speed down think i am going to fast but the wave go sh&**t if know what i mean , 2010 vride21 have two 600 ballast bags power wedge started like 12 than tried 14 now going back down to like 11 i think i am a big guy 287

nice how fast are u going , i am trying to get the speed down think i am going to fast but the wave go sh&**t if know what i mean , 2010 vride21 have two 600 ballast bags power wedge started like 12 than tried 14 now going back down to like 11 i think i am a big guy 287

Normally you will get more "push" from the wave the slower the boat speed. I start all riders at 10 MPH and adjust from there.... My VTX sweet spot is 10.2 to 10.4 MPH. The #1 thing to do is to get the boat tilting to one side! While I am driving... after the person gets up and we are at speed. I will stand up and move to the passenger side to get more weight on the surf side.

Here's a pic of our boat. setup = 1100 bag in rear storage, 400 on passenger seat, MLS full minus the driver rear tank. 10.4 MPH

post-8836-12774719255_thumb.jpg

Edited by cyoda44

Goochy, we have identical boats with the same paint scheme. Only difference is the tower. I get a ton of compliments on the black and red at the lake. Nice wave, that is my setup as well. 750 in the right rear, my wife, kids and I all surf goofy as well. I am experimenting with a second 540 bag either behind the driver or in the front, have you ever tried that. Wave is taller but a little softer.

To answer the question on speed. I surf between 10.4 and 10.6. Sometimes you have to get the speed up to 11 to get the wave to pop then you can back down. Much over 11 and you will have a real hard time keeping up with the wave unless it is huge and you have a fast board.

:rockon: good lookimg boat :whistle:

we ride 10.8- 11

never tried anymore fat sacks , they are a headache to mess with

goofy rules! great pic.s!

I'm interested in your're wedge position. I have all ballast but driver side full and 900 lb bag in the left locker... if I go anywhere other than fully deployed (all the way down) on the wedge the wave washes out. I have heard many use the max wake setting... what doe the wave look like with the wedge fully deployed