Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malfunctioning Depth Gauge

I have a 2008 VLX, none MaliView, if that means anything. My depth guage will display 0.8 feet at start up, then I shut the engine off and re-start it and it re-sets the gauge to read correctly. But for only ten or fifteen minutes and then the gauge starts to flash the numbers and ends up back to reading 0.8 feet. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by MaddMaxx

I have a 2008 VLX, none MaliView, if that means anything. My depth guage will display 0.8 feet at start up, then I shut the engine off and re-start it and it re-sets the guage to read correctly. But for only ten or fifteen minutes and then the guage starts to flash the numbers and ends up back to reading 0.8 feet. Any ideas? Thanks.

:plus1: Not sure about the whole scenario because I don't pay much attention. I know my lake like the back of my hand. But My dpeth gauge reads like 1.5 ft EVERYWHERE for the most part. I'm pretty sure it flashes too.

Well I'm glad we all ahve a common problem? Anyone else goign to chim in with a possible solution?Crazy.gif

+1 same problem on my '07

+1 same problem on my '07

Mine will read about 2-3 foot deeper than what it actually is. At least it's consistant but I get nervous in water reading less than 7 foot or so on my depth gauge because it's probably only 4-5 deep. Then it only takes 1 big rock and your day is done!!

• 4 weeks later...

Jumping on the bandwagon here - I just started having the same issue in my '07. Has anyone found a fix? Works at start up, goes to .8' frequently, have to shut down and restart to get it to reset.

Minimum - i think mine is 2-1/2 feet.

And, I have the same problem on my 08.

Mine would go to 3.5 feet, flash and beep. Then return to a real number.

Dealer fixed it last summer, but it did it again about 10 times this weekend in water that was 60 feet deep.

Guess I am heading back to the dealer soon -

• 2 months later...

For all of you '08 users - I would recommend that if your warranty is still in place to get it fixed before you end up having to fix it on your own dime. That being said - sounds like more of a quality issue, so by replaceing crap with crap - doesn't do any of us any good. Malibu must be aware of this issue? I would work with your dealer to find a subsitute transducer, and insist Malibu pay for it. Just my 2 cents...