Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pickup switch ??

i have an 01 wakesetter vlx it has a pickup switch next to the speedo switch i dont understand what this does i read the owners manual and dont see anything about it any one know its purpose thanx.

One of the switches is a three position switch--up reads the speed on one pitot, down reads the other and in the middle reads the higher of the two. The other switch is used to calibrate the speedo. Push it while moving a constant speed and you will see the speedo needle move up or down. Best to do this at the speed that you ski or board, because it won't be accurate except in a +/- 5 mph range around the speed you use to calibrate to. Use a handheld GPS to get as accurate as possible.

I have one pickup calibrated at 30 & the other calibrated at 22. They are about 1MPH off at the other speed.

I switch back & forth between then when skiing/boarding as those are our primary speeds.

I also have PP Stargazer, but don't always use it, particularly when getting beginners up & going where I adjust speed often. It does make it really easy to calibrate the speedos though.

I started the calibrations that way before putting in PP.