Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you want?

'07VLX

ouch! :lol:

Iam not good enough yet to know what i like,Ive got a liquid force balance seems to work :biggrin: iam always curious if the board and bindings really matter that much unless you are really an advanced rider.

Edited by apwrx

ouch! :lol:

Iam not good enough yet to know what i like,Ive got a liquid force balance seems to work :biggrin: iam always curious if the board and bindings really matter that much unless you are really an advanced rider.

Yes and no. My first board felt like plywood strapped to my feet and I couldn't do anything with it. My second board feels like a sports car in comparison and I can't do anything with it. :lol: I should be a lot further along than I am now.

I like them all! But favorite has got be a continous rocker I'm more consistent with it. I have a 3 stage rocker on one board and when it hits it hits big but its so inconsistent. Of course maybe thats just me!lol As for graphics whatever, I've actually painted my last two boards so it doesn't matter what they came with! My bigger preferance is actually on the bindings. I love my CWB's with the hinge, so easy to put on and take of. I still have a pair of watsons that are super comfortable when riding but they're a pain getting on and off.

I used to have hunge bindings, I thought that was awesome because you get your foot nice and tight. Now I have full boots with no hinge but they stay on 10 times better than the hinge bindings. My foot really gets sucked in and I have complete control of the board.

Now for a board I look for one with a variable rail, meaning that it has a soft edge in the middle and a sharp edge on the tip and tail. The bottom of the middle of the board is smooth and has no traction, making the board easier to break loose and a little more forgiving on the landings too. I don't use any fins other than what is molded into the board, I use the edge for traction. Now a three stage rocker is going to give you more pop while a continuous rocker will give you a more consistant pop. A lot of boards now have a combination of the two. Mine is a continuous rocker that has been bleneded with a 3 stage rocker, basically a compromise of the two designs.

For a beginner you may want a continuous rocker and some big removable fins. I think the variable rail is a little less stable, but the big fins should fix that. The advantage of the variable rail is that you won't be randomly catching an edge and whipping yourself down as much because the middle edge of the board is rounded. Once you get better you will be able to remove the big fins and play around with the board more. By the time you get comfortable with that you will have a good understanding of what you want to do with your next board and will be able to pick out what you want.

You should be able to find this is many different boards, then just narrow it down by price and design. Hope this helped.