Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Tower on A 2001 VLX WAKESETTER???

Aquadisiac

Hopefully someone with a vride can get some dimensions for ya.That boat is going to look sick with that tower :rockon:

Thanks Adam...

Tryin to find the happy spot. To fold down and clear the windshield it will be way back by the rear lockers- not good to enter boat from houseboat or dock. If it folds and rests on the windshield, need to make sure I can clear 8' high door way :unsure:

Thanks Adam...

Tryin to find the happy spot. To fold down and clear the windshield it will be way back by the rear lockers- not good to enter boat from houseboat or dock. If it folds and rests on the windshield, need to make sure I can clear 8' high door way Unsure.gif

I may be way off here, but I'm assuming the Illusion X you have would be the same as the one I have on our 07 VTX (minus the width). So If My tower is mounted in the middle of the boat (more or less) and clears teh windshield than you should have no trouble in a 21 ft boat. The Illusion X folds very short (not heigth-wise) but length to the windshield.

I suggest you get dimensions form someone with the V-ride.

EDIT: If my memory serves me right, the front most part of the illusion tower is *just* (inches) behind the windshield when the tower is *UP*. Thats how I can steer with my feet when I'm sitting on the tower Whistling.gif

Edited by TrickyNicky
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2001 VLX Wakesetter and want to know if an Illusion tower can be fitted to it.

Do you know the name of the tower you had originally? I have the same boat and i am trying to find out the name of the tower i have now.

• 3 years later...
On July 7, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Aquadisiac said:

Thanks Adam...

Tryin to find the happy spot. To fold down and clear the windshield it will be way back by the rear lockers- not good to enter boat from houseboat or dock. If it folds and rests on the windshield, need to make sure I can clear 8' high door way :unsure:

My family just got a 2001 VLX as well. And we were wondering if we could put a newer tower on it like you did. It looks so killer! Would love to have some more details on how you went about it. 

10 hours ago, CBray4 said:

My family just got a 2001 VLX as well. And we were wondering if we could put a newer tower on it like you did. It looks so killer! Would love to have some more details on how you went about it. 

This is a 6 year old thread.  Yes, you can put a new tower on the boat...though the Illusion isn't exactly a good one to choose from a strength of tower and availability. 

Aftermarket, the Samson Blade is the way to go if going a 2-post tower.  There are G3 towers that should fit but I don't believe anyone has done it on the SV23 due to the extreme cost involved. 

On March 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM, CBray4 said:

I'm curious what you paid for the boat?  You're reminding me of me when I first got mine.  

I'm actually not sure of the exact number truthfully. My brother dealt with the financial side of things. It was a very close family friend that we got the boat from and the son(he is my brothers best friend) had sponsorships back in the day when they got the boat so they got it super cheap or maybe even free I'm not sure. I think our number was well under 20k. 

7 minutes ago, racer808 said:

I did every possible upgrade you can think of on mine.  Now im gonna eat it all selling it.  

Would you sell some of the upgrades off of it before you sell it? 

10 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Would you sell some of the upgrades off of it before you sell it? 

As a matter of fact.  I am getting ready to strip a lot of things down & lower the price.  It is mostly stereo, ballast & the Fresh Air Exhaust which may actually fit your boat, I think our hulls are almost identical in that area.  I was going to remove the Star Gazer perfect pass but the paddlewheel acts up so I sort of have to leave it in the boat.  That's about it.  The rest of what I done is put dual battery in the observers compartment, plumbed the ballast, new skins & carpet, things I can't remove.  Easily anyway