Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Trailer do I have?

MoonDawg

I found a list of trailer MFG codes. 

http://www.dmvnv.com/ivpvehmakes.txt

It appears that there was an Electra Trailer so perhaps that is what I have.  I will have to see if the mfg code is listed on the trailer VIN.

Moon, that list is from Nevada DMV for insurance purposes - They may or may not have all the mfg's for the US. And I'm not sure of the list age. You might see that classification on the registration, but not likely on the VIN.

VIN ID would begin with something like 5A7BB (Boatmate), 4ARBO (Elete), 1P9BC (Performance).

Hope that helps,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Here they are! The long awaited pictures of the "Mystery Trailer"

The UFP Coupler has a number stamped on it: 81942

The VIN on the Registration is: 1RCATLT17T1081942

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

I found a listing for:

Electra Mfg. Company

1133 SOUTH MCCORD RD

HOLLAND,OH 43528

They went out of business making travel trailers in 1996.

Perhaps they also made boat trailers and I have one of those.

The trailer was made in 1996 so I guess it is possible.

Moon - it's an SMP trailer.

Sweetwater Metal Products (Boat Trailers)

127 Industrial Park Rd.

Sweetwater, TN 37874

423-337-3466 Phone

423-337-7208 Fax

Electra may have been the tire brand used.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

SmoothWaterMan,

I googled SMP Trailers and this one looks identical to mine. The rear of the trailer and the skid tape with Malibu cutout on the wheel wells is a perfect match. Mine has a couple of more poles up front but they were probably an option.

Thanks...MoonDawg

SmoothWaterMan,

I googled SMP Trailers and this one looks identical to mine.  The rear of the trailer and the skid tape with Malibu cutout on the wheel wells is a perfect match. Mine has a couple of more poles up front but they were probably an option.

Thanks...MoonDawg

Moon, that link shows a newer SMP trailer. All the older SMP trailers used the two pole bow catcher that made it hard to put covers on and left indents in the rubrail. This was just the way SMP made their trailers, standard issue.

Glad it helped,

Peter