Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This goes from cool boat ... to not cool

PrimeData

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 85 Barefoot

• kb3

• D-GOOSE

• 99response

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So are you at home working on the boat or at work or both? Just trying to figure out if you have you priorities straight ( work is over rated)

haha, def not working on the boat...that only occurs in the evenings about every 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Honestly, there wasn't that much to it. All that was done was an engine installation. Nothing special, except we forgot to look for (and install) a damper plate the first time it went it, so we had to pull it back out and then put back in :innocent:

Once tranny was bolted on engine, just pick the engine up, drop it in (OK, we didn't drop it), mount to feet, bolt on coupler and that's it. while we were at it we put in a dripless. Then just put the interior back in. Everything else was just trinkets (glove box door, st wheel, etc.). Well, that and installing the stereo which took a while. :biggrin: As you can see from the postings a lot of people were afraid of the project but there wasn't much complicated, just had to replace some little trim things here and there. I think that I found the engine was a huge boon. It was still in Indmar crating and packaging, not left out in the elements. If I hadn't found that and had to replace with a different engine I could see some people being hesitant about the project but it's just like it left the factory, just with a better stereo. Though not as big as the stereo it used to have, scroll to the bottom:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777117

hehe

Honestly, there wasn't that much to it. All that was done was an engine installation. Nothing special, except we forgot to look for (and install) a damper plate the first time it went it, so we had to pull it back out and then put back in :innocent:

Once tranny was bolted on engine, just pick the engine up, drop it in (OK, we didn't drop it), mount to feet, bolt on coupler and that's it. while we were at it we put in a dripless. Then just put the interior back in. Everything else was just trinkets (glove box door, st wheel, etc.). Well, that and installing the stereo which took a while. :biggrin: As you can see from the postings a lot of people were afraid of the project but there wasn't much complicated, just had to replace some little trim things here and there. I think that I found the engine was a huge boon. It was still in Indmar crating and packaging, not left out in the elements. If I hadn't found that and had to replace with a different engine I could see some people being hesitant about the project but it's just like it left the factory, just with a better stereo. Though not as big as the stereo it used to have, scroll to the bottom:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777117

hehe

What are the cut outs in the floor in the linked pic?

What are the cut outs in the floor in the linked pic?

Not sure but it looks to me to be a raised floor with amp viewing windows.

Correct. The "factory floor" wasn't touched or modified, they built a new floor on top of the amps.

Edited by 85 Barefoot