Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need bimini for 91 skier

SlalomRat

Assuming you do not have a tower.

Go to Overton's .com. Buy the Sunbrella, mine looks brand new after 12 seasons.

I have the medium height and 6 feet long.

I mounted it myself, maybe 12 years ago.

I bolted through the fiberglass , used backing plates, and double nutted with lock washers.

I placed the center pivot right at the dashboard. It will shade the front passenger's heads if the sun is from behind.

If your boat is closed front deck, then you can use the 5' long Bimini and mount it a little further aft.

Front strap well forward.

Rear strap can be vertical, straight down.

The Bimini Top is the best mod on my boat.

Edited by DONTW8

Assuming you do not have a tower.

Go to Overton's .com. Buy the Sunbrella, mine looks brand new after 12 seasons.

I have the medium height and 6 feet long.

I mounted it myself, maybe 12 years ago.

I bolted through the fiberglass , used backing plates, and double nutted with lock washers.

I placed the center pivot right at the dashboard. It will shade the front passenger's heads if the sun is from behind.

If your boat is closed front deck, then you can use the 5' long Bimini and mount it a little further aft.

Front strap well forward.

Rear strap can be vertical, straight down.

The Bimini Top is the best mod on my boat.

I agree, mine is a Sunbrella brand and it even has a cut out for the extended pylon. Great addition! :thumbup:

I agree, mine is a Sunbrella brand and it even has a cut out for the extended pylon. Great addition! :thumbup:

Shine, Did you have to get someone to cut the hole? Or was that an option when buying it? Do you have any pics of yours installed? Also how many "bows" do you guys have?

Thanks!

Edited by Levi900RR

Shine, Did you have to get someone to cut the hole? Or was that an option when buying it? Do you have any pics of yours installed? Also how many "bows" do you guys have?

Thanks!

The cut out was in it when I bought it. Mine has 3 bows. I dont have pics of it installed but I may be able to put it on this weekend and snap a few. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I ordered a 5' 3 bow from iboats.com and will install this week. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Top in the mail. The color match is great. Im gonna install it this weekend and have my Canvas guy cut the access hole. I'll post up some pics when its done! :thumbup:

Hopefully this will allow me to have more time on the water, its a lot to ask of a 10 month old to sit out in the direct sun longer than about 45 mins :crazy:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but I want to make sure my plan isn't too overkill... The bimini kit I got came with like 1 1/4" stainless screws to attach the hardware to the hull. I was going to go buy some longer bolts and bolt through with some sort of backing plate.

Everyone agree with that approach? I just don't want those screws pulling out EVER!

Just ordered a 3 bow. Now I'll just have to get the access hole cut for my Pylon

Take it to a local upholstry shop and have them sew in a zipper to allow access for your extended pylon and have it closed for when you go poleless.

Take it to a local upholstry shop and have them sew in a zipper to allow access for your extended pylon and have it closed for when you go poleless.

Thats my plan, actually calling my Canvas guy right now

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ramman, where did you take your's to? I don't have a tower, but I have a pylon that I'm going to have to cut a hole for as well. Amazing how much of the same stuff were trying to do!

Hey Ramman, where did you take your's to? I don't have a tower, but I have a pylon that I'm going to have to cut a hole for as well. Amazing how much of the same stuff were trying to do!

I never got this done...just decided to bite the bullet and mount a tower. But here is the info on a few places I can recommend.

Stiches would be the closest to you, but BB's is more higher/end better quality. In the end it's just a zipper. I'd take it to Stiches, I have had good luck with them, BB's seems overpriced and I am not the only that has that opinion, but he does awsome work.

Stitches Auto Top & Uphlstry.

(281) 558-8572

1308 Highway 6 S

Houston, TX 77077

Or

BB Custom Upholstery

10041 FM 2920 Rd, Tomball, TX 77375-8916

(281) 351-4333