Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-Drive Compartment Partition

titanium

Has anyone reinforced the partion between the v-drive compartment and the engine compartment?

We had the starboard side partition come loose and fall in the engine compartment (ballast bag pushed it in) and I am trying to beef it up so this won't happen again.

Any ideas?

Has anyone reinforced the partion between the v-drive compartment and the engine compartment?

We had the starboard side partition come loose and fall in the engine compartment (ballast bag pushed it in) and I am trying to beef it up so this won't happen again.

Any ideas?

Someone here has reinforced it with aluminum channel. Looked pretty good but I can't remember who? Really it would be really easy to do. About a one or two beer job.

I did mine a couple of weeks ago. Lowes square aluminum tubing and stainless hardware. I just cut the tubing to length vertically, drilled and bolted it down. I used 4 lengths to do the job. It works fine until the bottom retaining channel bends a little and gives way again. I think I am going to remove the bottom channel and put either a taller channel or an "L" brace under the factory channel to support the partition vertically.

Hope this helps.....

Edited by cyoda44