Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My New (to me) Malibu!

CrystalSurf

After three years of researching, comparing, test driving, convincing my wife, and searching, I finally bought my first Malibu last week!

It's a 2003 Malibu Sunscape 21 LSV. It has 91 hours on it (now has 98 hrs) and is in great condition. The marine surveyor said it was one of the best cared for boats he had seen in years. (Although I'm a bit concerned as the heater seems to be dripping a bit of water from the housing.)

I was looking for a v-drive crossover and so far I'm very happy with the wakes. It didn't come with some typical options...so PerfectPass, wedge, and ballast have all been ordered!

A big thank you to the The Malibu Crew (administrators and posters) for this great resource. Through reading a number of posts and asking a few questions myself, this forum was critical in my decision making process.

post-8608-127723671161_thumb.jpg

post-8608-127723672266_thumb.jpg

post-8608-127723673333_thumb.jpg

After three years of researching, comparing, test driving, convincing my wife, and searching, I finally bought my first Malibu last week!

It's a 2003 Malibu Sunscape 21 LSV. It has 91 hours on it (now has 98 hrs) and is in great condition. The marine surveyor said it was one of the best cared for boats he had seen in years. (Although I'm a bit concerned as the heater seems to be dripping a bit of water from the housing.)

I was looking for a v-drive crossover and so far I'm very happy with the wakes. It didn't come with some typical options...so PerfectPass, wedge, and ballast have all been ordered!

A big thank you to the The Malibu Crew (administrators and posters) for this great resource. Through reading a number of posts and asking a few questions myself, this forum was critical in my decision making process.

post-8608-127723671161_thumb.jpg

post-8608-127723672266_thumb.jpg

post-8608-127723673333_thumb.jpg

Congrats! she's a beauty!

Looks pretty sweet to me. Nothing better than that first ride out after 3 years and knowing you got exaclty what you wanted instead of all those other "should I just settle" boats. Congrats, and have a blast. Got my VTX about 3 months ago and I've already got 80 hrs on it! Maybe not best for resale but definitly best for me!!!!!!Yahoo.gif We got it to use not look at!Rockon.gif

I wish we had a slow clap emoticon...that boat is a great find! Nice colors, really low hours and surveyed well. Good job.

As far as the heater leaking, more than likely it's freeze damage (or less likely rust) to the core. Search recent posts for core replacement, they can be bought at auto parts stores without much expense.

Great boat. :clap: (I guess this'll do.)