Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

5 Seconds to Impact

JeffS

Pictures are worth 1,000 words each - here's 7,000 words worth. Boat speed is 35.

5 seconds to impact

5sectoimpact.jpg

4 seconds to impact

4sectoimpact.jpg

3 seconds to impact

3sectoimpact.jpg

2 seconds to impact

2sectoimpact.jpg

1 second to impact

1sectoimpact.jpg

Impact

0sectoimpact.jpg

1 Second after impact

1secafterimpact.jpg

It's best to keep toes above the waterline. :rockon:

Yes - he was alright. :clap:

Nice photo story! A little advice from an amateur, keep the butt forward more and get comfortable lying on your back below the boom before you start to put your feet in. Also not the end of the world but a barefoot suit that fits better would give less drag. All-in-all, my first lessons were pretty similar. But that first 100 ft where your on the water is the greatest feeling ever!Yahoo.gifRockon.gifClap.gif ...followed by photo #6 "impact". Also Love the facial expressionsBiggrin.gif

that's pretty funny stuff!

Not that you posted this for comments from the peanut gallery, 35 is a bit fast for him. He looks about 100-120lbs. 30-31 mph is all he would need on the boom if that's his weight.

:biggrin: Excellent advice all around. He reads this board...so I have to say - no...you're not getting a new barefoot suit until you are done growing so fast. :crazy: And he's 135ish pounds.

These are all borrowed and handed down - those suits are PRICEY! Growing children, and those suits - they don't mix well in my world. Here's his older brother - and the inspiration for trying so hard. Good ol' brotherly competition.

joshbarefoot.jpg

Edited by JeffS

Darn right those suits are expensive. Big bro seems to have a nice one, maybe you'll have to get a second so they can both get out there Tease2.gif

Actually I love my hand-me-down from my uncle:

PPl laugh and I say it's because of the contrast, Good looking Guy, Not-so-good looking suit. They all say it's teh opposite!

post-12790-127723043145_thumb.jpg

Crazy points for the fully extened Superman! Did he land it? :crazy: Exactly what I imagine I looked like trying to barefoot :lol: