Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warning beeps

Last Suunday we started getting a warning beep while boarding.

Its a 2003 WS23LSV with a 335 Monsoon with 500 hrs.

Runs great and no obvious issues that would make it beep.

Temp is a solid 160 and recently replaced the raw water pump and impeller - impeller replaced every 100hrs.

Oil changed every 50 hrs and at end of each season.

Pressure is fine - the needle does drop at idle but not to any danger level.

Dealer sez hafta hook up to computer to see what sensor is sending the warning.

But thats 7 or more days without a boat.

Is there any other way to figure out what sensor is offending?

My money is on the oil pressure switch.

By your oil filter, you will have two oil pressure sensors. One feeds the ECM, the other feeds your oil pressure gauge on the dash.

With the engine running, disconnect them one at a time to identify which one feeds the gauge when you pull the wire, the guage readign will drop to zero). Then, disconnect the other one and ground it out (it is a single wire connector). Use a short piece of wire (or a small alligator clip, if you have one) to ground it to an engine mount. If the beeping stops, or starts, whatever it was not doing before, then the switch is your problem.

It's a cheap and do it yourself part to replace.

Edit: I was servicing the boat this weekend, and when I pulled the wire to the switch off, the beeping did not start. I imagine if I had grounded the wire, it would have started. Point is, I can't remember if the switch is grounded or open when it senses pressure...know what I mean?

Edited by rts

The beeps are not consistent in any way.

Its a 1/2 a beep then a few minutes later another and then maybe 10 minutes later another.

Then an hour of silence.

Then beep again every 10 to 15 minutes.

Does it at idle and while under way.

So finally dumped the ballast and headed home and there was no beeps all the way back to the dock.

So finally dumped the ballast and headed home and there was no beeps all the way back to the dock.

Maybe it was a warning beep that you had too much weight in the boat? :crazy:

Anyway, you might try resetting your canon plug too.

My money is on the oil pressure switch.

By your oil filter, you will have two oil pressure sensors. One feeds the ECM, the other feeds your oil pressure gauge on the dash.

With the engine running, disconnect them one at a time to identify which one feeds the gauge when you pull the wire, the guage readign will drop to zero). Then, disconnect the other one and ground it out (it is a single wire connector). Use a short piece of wire (or a small alligator clip, if you have one) to ground it to an engine mount. If the beeping stops, or starts, whatever it was not doing before, then the switch is your problem.

It's a cheap and do it yourself part to replace.

Edit: I was servicing the boat this weekend, and when I pulled the wire to the switch off, the beeping did not start. I imagine if I had grounded the wire, it would have started. Point is, I can't remember if the switch is grounded or open when it senses pressure...know what I mean?

The switch would stop beeping when wire is pulled and start when wire is on if the switch fails. Grounding the wire causes beeping.