Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fake a lake

Hello,

My last boat was in I/O and used a set of ear muffs to fire the boat in the driveway. I just got a 91 Malibu and was wondering how and where do I connect the garden hose to run the boat out of water.

Use the Fake-A-Lake product and connect it to the bottom lof hull over the brass pick up. It is usually near the enging or transmission location of the hull.

I got creative and made mine out of various plumbing peices from Lowes, cost me about $20 to make, spliced it right in to my pick up hose.

I got creative and made mine out of various plumbing peices from Lowes, cost me about $20 to make, spliced it right in to my pick up hose.

Yep, got tired of climbing around under the trailer & having the water pressure blow the stupid plunger off again. So I made the same thing. I know there is water in the engine & can control it all topside.

hoseadapter.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yep, got tired of climbing around under the trailer & having the water pressure blow the stupid plunger off again. So I made the same thing. I know there is water in the engine & can control it all topside.

hoseadapter.jpg

Bill

Just wondering on your set-up, what about the impeller, is the water not bypassing the impeller? I think its a great set up and I have seen dealers use a similar system just can figure out if the water is bypassing the impeller would it not burn up?

Hello,

My last boat was in I/O and used a set of ear muffs to fire the boat in the driveway. I just got a 91 Malibu and was wondering how and where do I connect the garden hose to run the boat out of water.

I have a fake a lake unit that I do not use. I used it on my Malibu Skier. You can have it for $25.00 if you are interested. It is in perfect condition. Steve [email protected]

Bill

Just wondering on your set-up, what about the impeller, is the water not bypassing the impeller? I think its a great set up and I have seen dealers use a similar system just can figure out if the water is bypassing the impeller would it not burn up?

No, it does not bypass the impeller. The adapter is installed between the intake scoop & the V-drive & the impeller is downstream from there.

• 4 weeks later...

hoseadapter.jpg

Thanks. What is the ID of the hose that you removed?

Even easier.

I leave the hose attached to the v-drive and disconnect it from the thruhull scoop.

Then turn it up like in bill's pick and drop a water hose in it.

This way there's not so much pressure and the impeller has to do its job.

All the extra water just goes out the bilge drain.