Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help in finding a boat

Monk

Perfect that is the kind of information I was unaware of. Very helpful in making a informed decision between the years. Thanks.

This is the Boat I would be making an offer on...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26579-2004-23-lsv-wakesetter/

I would have no problem buying this without inspecting and driving it.. I would then post it on Uship.com and have it shipped...

:plus1:

Watch out...that boat had shoes in it once... :blush:

(Inside joke, but I'm quite sure that boat is in great shape!)

It's a different hull. The older one was a better crossover and has a decent slalom wake. Newer one (04-07) more of a wake oriented hull at the expense of ski wake.

**that's common wisdom... I don't have any first hand experience behind the 04-07, and very limited experience behind 00-03.

can ski wake actually enter a discussion when the boat is 23 feet long and weighs close to 4,000 lbs.

here is your best buy, it is 14 hours away, but get a quote using U-ship.com am guessing around $1,000. delivered.

maybe one of the crew can check it out for you, or better (no offence to the crew) have it checked at the dealer (or both).

it has been for sale for over a month so he might be flexible (maybe get him to throw in the cost of perfect pass)?

it has the hammerhead, sound like a good deal at $34,500

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=819895

Talked to this boat owner again last night to make sure we could not come to some kine of a deal. We could not work anyting out, he still wants to keep his open ended gentleman's agreement intact. I also let him know I will be out of the market after the 4th of July, again nothing. He is set on his trade deal for some reason. Moving on to bigger and better.

can ski wake actually enter a discussion when the boat is 23 feet long and weighs close to 4,000 lbs.

Absolutely. It sure isn't goign to be the main priority but if the family ski's the family ski's! I'm sure we all know there not going to be buttery soft like a response but than again people put towers on their responses? Seems to make as much sense as skiing behind a 23lsv. Each boat is designed for 1 thing (more or less) But chances are the majority of us do more than just one and need some multisport ability from our boats. All this coming from the guy with a diamond hull VTXBiggrin.gif

It entered my mind and that's why I have a 3700 lb 23 xti on the diamond hull! I love that boat, just had it out last night with the wife and kids. Finally got a break in the rain!

Here's an 04 Sunscape 23 LSV that's at my local dealer in MA. It has low hours and looks to be in great condition. You would have to add ballast, but if you get it for the right price it's not too expensive to add some ballast bags and pumps, you could even have the dealer work that into the deal before you picked it up or shipped it. Color may or may not suit you...I know it doesn't do anything for me.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-MALIBU-Sunscape-23-LSV-97012874

97012874_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Edited by jtrovato
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an 04 Sunscape 23 LSV that's at my local dealer in MA. It has low hours and looks to be in great condition. You would have to add ballast, but if you get it for the right price it's not too expensive to add some ballast bags and pumps, you could even have the dealer work that into the deal before you picked it up or shipped it. Color may or may not suit you...I know it doesn't do anything for me.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-MALIBU-Sunscape-23-LSV-97012874

97012874_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Yes thank you for this lead. Have waited two weeks to post, and this is not my first draft. Can not keep my mouth shut. Was very close to a deal. Dealer is very indifferent to consignment boats or boats they do not have any money in, IMHO. Plane ticket ordered, rental car reserved, 27,000.00 cash in my pocket ready to go get this boat. And then NO deal? The owner of this boat, got it in a divorce? Could only take 28,900.00. Would not split the difference. The reason told to me my the dealer was, because she would have to go back to Probate court to get approval for any amount under 28,900.00???? Not being an attorney, this did not sound right. But who knows this might be the case, the boat is in Massachusetts. Along with that information, at the last minute I found out this boat had spider cracks around the tower mounts/mount? This dealer never disclosed this information. The sale person who took it out for a wet test, said he never saw the cracks. I had to find this out from a crew member who took the time to take a look in person at this boat for us. I could have lived with that. In the end this dealer fired me from the deal, and told me I should go out a buy a new boat. I would love to find the owner of this boat and let her know, they could have had their boat sold two weeks ago. Along with letting her know, the Co. she has contracted with to sell her boat does not have her best interest in mind. Could be a nice boat for someone someday, if the dealer ever finds the right person to work with. So at the end of the day we are still looking for a 04 23 Wakesetter LSV. I have to believe there should be some more inventory coming into the market in the next few months. We will find one I am sure. And look back on this deal and thank the stars this deal fell through. Thanks Crew for listing I feel much better now.