Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mux switch problem

I was doing some work on my 2008 23LSV and I noticed that my right side MUX switch wont turn off. I can get it to shut down with the "All Off" button, but after about 10 seconds it comes back on. Left side switch stays off, everything else stays off. I tried disconnecting the batteries for 10 mins. with no effect. anyone have any Ideas? thx...

Does it have the updated MUX panels... if not start there. If it does I assume after disconnecting the battery it goes straight back on again.

I had the same problem with my 2008 VLX. Shortly after I noticed it, my right side switch stopped working altogether. The dealer replaced it under warranty. Now, I am having a new, but similar, problem. Both panels stay on all the time. (I no longer have an "All Off" button so I'm not sure what effect this would have). This eventually causes my battery to be drained.

Sorry I'm not able to help at this point. I'll let you know what I find out from my dealer. I'm planning to call him tomorrow.

Edited by Brent Wall

I had the same problem with my 2008 VLX. Shortly after I noticed it, my right side switch stopped working altogether. The dealer replaced it under warranty. Now, I am having a new, but similar, problem. Both panels stay on all the time. (I no longer have an "All Off" button so I'm not sure what effect this would have). This eventually causes my battery to be drained.

Sorry I'm not able to help at this point. I'll let you know what I find out from my dealer. I'm planning to call him tomorrow.

You have to program the "All Off" button to show up. They will shut off after 15 min.

Update, I just went back out to the shop and that MUX switch is off now, I guess I just never noticed it staying on for the 15 minutes before. Thanks all....

Oh.. and yes I think I do have the updated MUX switches. The dealer had it in for the "make it right" recall and did several thing, one of which was replace the switches.

You have to program the "All Off" button to show up. They will shut off after 15 min.

Mine are staying on all the time. They were on when I picked the boat up on Saturday and Sunday. Any idea what causes them to stay on all them time?

I think I have programming instructions for the mux switches. I will try to add the "All Off" button.

Oh.. and yes I think I do have the updated MUX switches. The dealer had it in for the "make it right" recall and did several thing, one of which was replace the switches.

Is there a list of items that are part of the "make it right" recall? I have had a few issues that were covered under warranty already but I would like to be proactive about getting other looming problems addressed.

Is there a list of items that are part of the "make it right" recall? I have had a few issues that were covered under warranty already but I would like to be proactive about getting other looming problems addressed.

Yes there is about 2 pages of stuff they are supposed to go over. You should have been contacted by your dealer to have it done.