Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommendations Please-

glenn

I just purchased a used 2006 23 LSV. Prior owner definitely hit something at one time with the boat and has some minor gelcoat hairline cracks from it. It appears the prop got fixed but has some new dings in it. Took the boat out yesterday and it has a little bit of vibration from the prop when loaded and pulling a boarder. No vibration at low or higher speeds.

My question is what do I purchase for my next prop? The current prop is 537 ACME 13.5 X 16-don't know the cup. I bought the boat more as a family boat, kids wakeboard and adult beginners. Will do some surfing and the kids like to tube every now and then. We do have times where we have a long run up the river to the smooth water and travel to large lakes. I am willing to give up some hole shot for lower rpm and better speed. Since I only have used the boat once with an out of tune prop I need some help on which way to go.

Leaving in a week for a boating trip so I gotta get a new one ordered and on it by Wed of this coming week. I will get this old one tuned back up but would like to have a spare as well.

If your looking for a new prop the best thing to do is to either call or email Eric Johnson at OJ or Bill Weeks at ACME and ask them their opinion. There are MANY factors to consider when buying a new prop. Boat size, engine, ballast, rpm loss/gain, speed loss/gain, elevation, etc. Both Bill and Eric are extreamly knowlegable and helpful. Then you can use the info they give you to shop around for the prop they recommend and you don't have to play guessing games. If you buy directly from Acme or OJ or most reputable prop shops, they will allow you to try the prop you buy to make sure it's what you want and if it isn't, they'll exchange it for a different one.

I just purchased a used 2006 23 LSV. Prior owner definitely hit something at one time with the boat and has some minor gelcoat hairline cracks from it. It appears the prop got fixed but has some new dings in it. Took the boat out yesterday and it has a little bit of vibration from the prop when loaded and pulling a boarder. No vibration at low or higher speeds.

My question is what do I purchase for my next prop? The current prop is 537 ACME 13.5 X 16-don't know the cup. I bought the boat more as a family boat, kids wakeboard and adult beginners. Will do some surfing and the kids like to tube every now and then. We do have times where we have a long run up the river to the smooth water and travel to large lakes. I am willing to give up some hole shot for lower rpm and better speed. Since I only have used the boat once with an out of tune prop I need some help on which way to go.

Leaving in a week for a boating trip so I gotta get a new one ordered and on it by Wed of this coming week. I will get this old one tuned back up but would like to have a spare as well.

The 1235 prop will raise RPM and lower top end. That 537 prop is about as good as it will get to accomplish your goals.

Edited by 06vlx

I would agree with 06VLX. The 537 will give you a good balance for what you want to do. If your looking for even more speed and even lower rpm, you could move up to an OJ 14x18. I had that prop on my boat and it would do about 45mph and still get me out of the hole with 2700 lbs of ballast, but I have a 383 hammerhead. Like I posted earlier, there are a lot of variable to consider!

I would agree with 06VLX. The 537 will give you a good balance for what you want to do. If your looking for even more speed and even lower rpm, you could move up to an OJ 14x18. I had that prop on my boat and it would do about 45mph and still get me out of the hole with 2700 lbs of ballast, but I have a 383 hammerhead. Like I posted earlier, there are a lot of variable to consider!

Why don't you update your avatar with the correct boat then :whistle: .

Why don't you update your avatar with the correct boat then :whistle: .

That IS the correct boat. I bought it used in 2008 with 129 hrs on it and it IS the older hammerhead. 365 hp instead of the new ones that are 400 hp. For what I paid, it was a great find and a good way for me to get a pretty good wake boat (not ideal because of diamond hull) and now that I have an Acme 1273 it rules!

That IS the correct boat. I bought it used in 2008 with 129 hrs on it and it IS the older hammerhead. 365 hp instead of the new ones that are 400 hp. For what I paid, it was a great find and a good way for me to get a pretty good wake boat (not ideal because of diamond hull) and now that I have an Acme 1273 it rules!

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will stick with what I have. The hole shot isn't bad just need a little prop tuning and an extra one just in case.

Appreciate the input.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will stick with what I have. The hole shot isn't bad just need a little prop tuning and an extra one just in case.

Appreciate the input.

LOL, buy mine! I'll totally go for a 1235!

Hey Glenn, post up some pics of that boat. It's fine and you need to show it off. BTW, Jay said the wake behind your boat was awesome when he surfed and put his nautique to shame. lol :clap: