Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best ballast bag for center ski locker?

msuwaterski

I am looking for some feedback on what style center ski locker ballast sack people are using in their BU's? I have a '01 SSLxi that I want to put a ballast sack in the center ski locker. I have measured the size of the locker and it comes in at 19"w x 10"h x 72"l. My dimensions are far different than some I have seen posted on this site. Anyway I am looking for advice on what sack to buy? My options are the launch pad 350lb tube sack, the fly high 380lb locker sack, or the sumo sack 300lb utilisack. The utilisack would fit best, but I like the added weight of the fly high sack. My only concern with the fly high sack is that the fill hole is on top which means my plumbing + sack would exceed the height of the locker. Any feedback is appreciated.

I've got a launchpad sack that they don't make any more, but holds about 350 lbs. Closest is the tube sack.

The nice thing is it allows us to fill the sack with 1 pair of skis in the locker too. I haven't plumbed it in yet, but it's a project on the list. I would use it more if I did.

350 lbs is good in the locker - the wake is firmer & rampier.

I like the wedge, 350 in reinforced trunk (or behind motor), 350 in locker & 150 up front.

Others will recommend weight on either side of engine & more.

I am looking for some feedback on what style center ski locker ballast sack people are using in their BU's? I have a '01 SSLxi that I want to put a ballast sack in the center ski locker. I have measured the size of the locker and it comes in at 19"w x 10"h x 72"l. My dimensions are far different than some I have seen posted on this site. Anyway I am looking for advice on what sack to buy? My options are the launch pad 350lb tube sack, the fly high 380lb locker sack, or the sumo sack 300lb utilisack. The utilisack would fit best, but I like the added weight of the fly high sack. My only concern with the fly high sack is that the fill hole is on top which means my plumbing + sack would exceed the height of the locker. Any feedback is appreciated.

My locker is a bit larger on my escape, but I use a Pro X series rear seat bottom sac (10x26x60) which is too big for my locker. However, with quick connects on both the fill and vent on top of the sac, and a thin piece of plywood on top of all of that (to keep the locker door from pushing open, I have no problem with the sac filling or venting. The over sized sac allows the locker to be completely filled with water.

I use the Fly High ProX Tube sac and the wedge. Throws a decent wake. Thinking I'd like to have a bit of weigh in the bow as well - maybe use a Tube sac bent around in the storage areas up there. Probably would add, I don't know, maybe a couple hundred pounds.