Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Response setup to wakesurf

nautical_boy

I have a 2000 Response and just bought a 2010 Hazzard wake surf board. I have a wedge and usually have 5-6 people in the boat. Do I need fat sac's? If I do, I will definitely exceed the weight limit? I have surfed before, but wondering about weight limits...do NOT want to sink the boat!!!

The biggest thing to watch for is your fuel vent going under water and getting water in the tank. I have experience with that. As far as loading goes, 5-6 people will get you pretty close to the limit. Try to get weight to the surf side. I have a couple of sacs but only use them if no people. The Response wake will be small but is surfable right up practically on the platform.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm able to surf easily with a 550# stbd side of the engine, 200# or so in the bow, wedge, and people sitting on the bag/stbd side. it's not huge, but it's very pretty and fun.