Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrades...

'07VLX

Hey guys, I'm in a similar boat (pun intended, as always). I've ridden a hyperlite state 135 my whole wakeboarding life. As of this year (new to us VTX), my progression has started to move along quite quickly.

I tried a LF shane (last yrs model) and I immeditaley hated the Hyperlite state. The shane was so much faster and when you broke it loose it was like standing on a banana peel. I had so much fun on it. I also got a bit better pop but nothing ridiculous. A week later I tried a Hyperlite Era (I think 2008) and I liked it even more than the shane. It didn't track as well but it was super smooth and it was a lot of fun to play around on.

So now my uncle and I are interested in upgrading to something better. We are buying this board for the two of us, and we will keep the hyperlite state for all the others. We are both around 5'9 165lbs. I live in Canada so I have NO option to test out any boards and I'll probably be ordering from the states.

I've read good things about the Ronix One and Ibex. What are the differences? We are both intermediate riders but thsi board will be aroudn for a few years and I hope I'll be in the lower half of advanced riders. I am open to any board but please explain why you liked it. Also any good deals that you guys know of would be great.

I don't intedn this as a hijack, I figured it was relevant to the topic and could be useful for other readers as well.

Tricky

I love the Hyperlite only comment. If you don't know what the best board is for you then why would you want to limit yourself to one brand? Unless you have a Hyperlite tatoo or something, then I would tell you to get a tatoo that says "if you can read this then please don't give me another tatoo"

So basically Ronix is a wakeboard company started by pro riders. I have the Ronix One and it is an awesome board. I think you need to figure out what you want in a wakeboard. The Ronix One is very flat and has very little grooves in the middle allowing it to break free on the water and more forgiving in landings. You really have to use the tip and tail to hold your edge. Once you get used to it you can really do anything on it. It has great pop too. I really do recommend it to anyone who is a serious rider.

I don't. But what if i did?

And yes. But problem solved. /thread.

If you did then I understand your commitment to hyperlite. Seems like you are going with the Ronix though. Interesting that you changed from a strictly Hyperlite guy to a Ronix guy so quickly. Don't limit yourself to one brand. I happen to have LF bindings on my Ronix because it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok guys. I have the decision between my One and Mana. I like the Mana because it sounds like it is a cross between my board and the Ona, and it is almost $100 cheaper.

Mana, or spend the extra $100 for the Ronix? I won't be doing any tantrums anytime soon lol

I am officially the proud owner of a Ronix One!

Please let us know how it goes. I'm very interested in one! The more detail the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good board. Got noticably for pop. Loved it, and worth the money.

It felt really stable carving and some of my beginer freinds (just getting up and starting jumping) did better on it too.