Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrades...

'07VLX

Im looking for a new wakeboard and possibly a wakesurf. I am about 5'5" (im short..). But for the surf board i would like it to be usable for like up to about 6'2"

Board: I am on a Shaun Murray design, forget the exact model, from '07 or '08. I just got new Liquid Force boots, so i just need a board, not bindings. I would like something inexpensive, but good for the intermeadiate rider. I am just starting to learn all of the grabs and junk. Oh, and HYPERLITE ONLY please!

Surfboard: I am on a older version of a hyperlite surf board. Its really long compared to the newer ones, i think it's 5 or 6 feet lol. I would like to be rideable for anyone 5-6 feet tall and inexpensive.

Whataya think?

For a wakeboard, I love my Ronix One. It is awesome and super responsive. I know you said Hyperlite only but Ronix is what Hyperlite was before they went corporate. Great quality backed by awesome people.

I will let others suggest a Wakesurf.

Im looking for a new wakeboard and possibly a wakesurf. I am about 5'5" (im short..). But for the surf board i would like it to be usable for like up to about 6'2"

Board: I am on a Shaun Murray design, forget the exact model, from '07 or '08. I just got new Liquid Force boots, so i just need a board, not bindings. I would like something inexpensive, but good for the intermeadiate rider. I am just starting to learn all of the grabs and junk. Oh, and HYPERLITE ONLY please!

Surfboard: I am on a older version of a hyperlite surf board. Its really long compared to the newer ones, i think it's 5 or 6 feet lol. I would like to be rideable for anyone 5-6 feet tall and inexpensive.

Whataya think?

You determine what size board you need by weight not height.

Whataya think?

Here is a pretty good general size guide. Hope it helps!

http://www.activesportscentre.com/sizingcharts/size.php?category=wakeboards

I am still growing and am about 100 pounds, but i have a good nother foot. Would it be okay to buy a board a little big? Like a 128? Then i can ride it for a few years...

Or would it be totally messed up?

Anyone tried this? Loving the price...

Vault

Yes. That's what I got for my wife. Super easy for her to ride. I rode it and it's a little to stable for my liking but I am a bit more advanced than her. All depends on your riding style. But it is a solid board.

What Hyperlite surf board are you riding on? I have the Broadcast, which is supposed to be a crappy board, but I found that by taking out the center fin OR taking out the outer two fins I was able to turn it into a pretty decent ride.

Now, granted, I have a VTX- my wake's really well-formed and shaped but not exactly huge, so the 5'6" size of the board helps. It's also a great beginner board, so I think I'm going to keep it around.

The key to all this, really, is finding a local pro shop and demoing the hell out of stuff.

Not sure. Really? Big boards help? I thought smaller was better for the control.

I don't have a huge wake, as I'm only on 20', so a bigger board helps stay in the pocket.

Hopefully getting the Ronix One tomorrow. Should i bother buying the limited edition? I dont do rails or anything so i don't need the slider fins...

Hopefully getting the Ronix One tomorrow. Should i bother buying the limited edition? I dont do rails or anything so i don't need the slider fins...

The regular One should be fine. I think you will love it.

I love the Hyperlite only comment. If you don't know what the best board is for you then why would you want to limit yourself to one brand? Unless you have a Hyperlite tatoo or something, then I would tell you to get a tatoo that says "if you can read this then please don't give me another tatoo"

So basically Ronix is a wakeboard company started by pro riders. I have the Ronix One and it is an awesome board. I think you need to figure out what you want in a wakeboard. The Ronix One is very flat and has very little grooves in the middle allowing it to break free on the water and more forgiving in landings. You really have to use the tip and tail to hold your edge. Once you get used to it you can really do anything on it. It has great pop too. I really do recommend it to anyone who is a serious rider.