Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Motor bogin/ studder

Hi,

so this is today's problem, I finally got my 06 v-ride in the water after extinsive work that I've been doin for three months. I have replaced plugs, wires, cap n rotor everything I thought would stop my problem but guess not. When I start my motor the boat kicks right over and runs good!! But as soon as it starts, on the screen it displays power wedge moving, but I don't have a power wedge. After I clear that, check engine comes up. So after all that is cleared when I give it throttle and get to about 2500 rpms it starts to bog n studder then feels like it's in limp mode. Does anyone think they know what my problem is?? Wish I never bought a Malibu off eBay!! Also wish I had more money to afford a better ride!! It's terrible sitting on your dock watching everyone else ride and not being able to get out there!!

Please help this wrench monkey!!!

Hi,

so this is today's problem, I finally got my 06 v-ride in the water after extinsive work that I've been doin for three months. I have replaced plugs, wires, cap n rotor everything I thought would stop my problem but guess not. When I start my motor the boat kicks right over and runs good!! But as soon as it starts, on the screen it displays power wedge moving, but I don't have a power wedge. After I clear that, check engine comes up. So after all that is cleared when I give it throttle and get to about 2500 rpms it starts to bog n studder then feels like it's in limp mode. Does anyone think they know what my problem is?? Wish I never bought a Malibu off eBay!! Also wish I had more money to afford a better ride!! It's terrible sitting on your dock watching everyone else ride and not being able to get out there!!

Please help this wrench monkey!!!

Make sure your batery connections are TIGHT and if that doesn't do it, change your fuel filter. You should change your filter anually anyway but make sure your connections are tight first, run it and then change, that way you know what the sourse of the problem is.

I hope it didn't take you 3 months to change plugs, wires, cap and rotor. What else have you done? What about fuel filter, clean screen, is there water in the tank..??

Edited by Ndawg12

I never replaced the fuel filter or the screen.Im gunna order one today god I hope thats the problem. It didnt take me months to replace the plugs and rotor i also had to build a stereo system, and other random parts. I am goin to have the computer scanned, but I still dont get the power wedge in motion tho concidering I dont have a power wedge.

Thanks for the help!!!!

I never replaced the fuel filter or the screen.Im gunna order one today god I hope thats the problem. It didnt take me months to replace the plugs and rotor i also had to build a stereo system, and other random parts. I am goin to have the computer scanned, but I still dont get the power wedge in motion tho concidering I dont have a power wedge.

Thanks for the help!!!!

I was just picking at yuh. :Tease3::biggrin: Shouldn't have to replace the screen, just clean it, but I'm not exactly sure where it's located. Did you double and triple check to make sure you routed the new plug wires correctly? If the firing order is messed up I would think it would throw a code and not run right. As for the power wedge issue, I have no idea, that may be electrical like 85 barefoot stated.

Edited by Ndawg12

It's kool ndawg I know ur playin, but it's true I don't know that much yet but I'm trien!! Does anyone know where I can find the fuel filter? And where this screen is ?? Is the screen somethin you replace? Or just clean? God I hope it's not a short!!! I feel like I am Murphy's law!! I just wanna get out there!!!

hey i had the same problem, started up and rode for a bit and then sputter not long after. I tried everything you tried including fuel screen and filter and the outcome was a bad coil. It started fine but when that coil got warm/hot it started failing and limping. When i hooked up the cpu diagnostic to check error code i wouldnt get an error code so i could pick it up there so i had to trial error until i checked the coil and when it was hot it failed.

hope this helps.

Hey,

Thanks ofcoarse it would be either or so I ordered both. I kinda think maybe that could be the problem cause it does get worse when I get to engine temp. Thanks for the post iggy!!