Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel problems I think

So here's the story. I have an '07 Malibu VLX. Took the boat out a few times in the first of spring. Boat ran well with no problems. Memorial day weekend took it out all day Saturday with no issues. Sunday we had been riding for about 30 minutes and while in idle it just went dead. Motor was turning over, it was just like it was not getting fuel. Fuel pump is working, and if you let it sit for about 20 minutes it will crank up for just a little bit and then die again. Took it to a local boat mechanic a few days later and he hooked it up to a fake-a-lake and it cranked up fine and ran for about 20 minutes with no problems. He said he even gave it quite a bit of throttle a few times. He suggested I put a little sea foam in and try running it again just to make sure I didn't get any water in my fuel. So I took it out today, cranked right up, after about 5 minutes of driving it shut down again. Never got it to start back up. It sounds like it has something to do with the fuel system but I am open to test for anything else. I'm wondering if it could be some trash that is getting sucked back in after it sits or is trailered for a while of if its possibly getting flooded. Any suggestions on what to do? I want to WAKEBOARD!

4644914146_c612fb681f_o.jpg

ah, you beat me to it, with a pic too, nice work.

My filter had 2 clamps wrapped around it and anchored with phillips head screws. Pull those out, loosen your hose clamps, and slip the filter out. Have a small bucket handy to catch a little fuel that spills out of the lines and filter. Don't worry, the system is not under pressure. Pretty simple, hardest part is getting the damn screws out and back in.

Can someone detail on how to clean the screen, exact location, what to clean it with, etc. I've never done it yet.

What ever came of this? I had the exact same problem yesterday. I assumed the fuel pump was gone. We took the lines off the filter and it seemed to be flowing just fine.

ah, you beat me to it, with a pic too, nice work.

My filter had 2 clamps wrapped around it and anchored with phillips head screws. Pull those out, loosen your hose clamps, and slip the filter out. Have a small bucket handy to catch a little fuel that spills out of the lines and filter. Don't worry, the system is not under pressure. Pretty simple, hardest part is getting the damn screws out and back in.

Can someone detail on how to clean the screen, exact location, what to clean it with, etc. I've never done it yet.

Ya but who uses DEORE components? :Tease3: