Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

caqn't find impeller

foiler1

my neighbor just dropped in his geiko in and hammered down. turns out he never turned down the handle to switch to draw from the lake. Well, he fried up the impeller (i think) and smoked like a mother(loved towing his a** home)! can anyone tell me where it is? 2005 mercruiser carb.

J

It should be on the front of the motor. It would have 2 hoses on it. Just remove the front cover(4 screws)and you should be able to see if its fried.

Edited by nevertwobig

Or,

I might be a separate belt driven pump that will look like a "smog pump" or an air pump you might find on an older car. Just follow the raw water line.

Follow the hose from the water intake up to the impeller housing. On my Merc you have to take off the serpentine belt and unbolt the entire housing and then take it apart to get to the impeller. After you get it apart squirt a bunch of soap into it to ease getting the impeller out.

It sounds like a pain (and it is compared to an Indmar) but it's really not that bad.

Mike