Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blower in Monsoon

Barefooternewbie

I turned on my Blower on in my 2005 Response (Monsoon) and it started making a weird noise. It was almost like a squeaking sound. It went away after running for a minute or so but just wondering what it was. The boat hadn't running to a few weeks so I thought that might have been it. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

JD

Mine did that before it died. Consider it a warning sign. Go get a new one and leave it in the boat. Maybe the old one will run for years more... but more likely its demise is imminent.

Mine started making a squealing noise off and on two weeks ago. I just replaced it last summer. I wonder if it is about to go out?

I turned on my Blower on in my 2005 Response (Monsoon) and it started making a weird noise. It was almost like a squeaking sound. It went away after running for a minute or so but just wondering what it was. The boat hadn't running to a few weeks so I thought that might have been it. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

JD

Time to retire that blower, bushings/bearings are wore out.

Make sure to replace it with a water resistant blower, its just a standard blower from the factory. It will last longer and you probably won't have this problem again

-Paul

Make sure to replace it with a water resistant blower, its just a standard blower from the factory. It will last longer and you probably won't have this problem again

-Paul

Seems like a weird thing for the factory to cheap out on (what are they saving, $10 per boat max?) given the potential catastrophic results of blower failure.

-Paul

Thanks Paul for the info and the site posting. For $32 I'm going to order one now. Have you ever replace a blower, is it difficult?

Thanks

JD

Thanks Paul for the info and the site posting. For $32 I'm going to order one now. Have you ever replace a blower, is it difficult?

Thanks

JD

Its hella easy. Two wires, connected with butt splices. Two screws with nuts on the back. Disconnect battery first, then unscrew blower, snip wires, strip and splice to new blower, screw in new blower. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Make sure you have the butt splices.

Remember to disconnect battery and vent the bilge before starting. You don't want anything accidentally sparking down there.