Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Temp not coming up to 160

Just got an 05 Response LXi

Day 1 on the water engine temp came up to about 160 and stayed there all day. Day's 2 and 3 engine temp comes up super slow and won't get above 120-140(ish). Is this bad?

Thanks

Just got an 05 Response LXi

Day 1 on the water engine temp came up to about 160 and stayed there all day. Day's 2 and 3 engine temp comes up super slow and won't get above 120-140(ish). Is this bad?

Thanks

Maybe your thermostat is stuck open?

I had exactly the same problem with my LXi Response 2004 two weeks ago, changed the thermostat and voila, all fixed!

Not good to run cold and varying depending on the temp of the water, this leads to richer fuel mix.

Last thermostat didn't last too long, probably around a year, I suppose it depends on the quality of the water as well.

I had exactly the same problem with my LXi Response 2004 two weeks ago, changed the thermostat and voila, all fixed!

Not good to run cold and varying depending on the temp of the water, this leads to richer fuel mix.

Last thermostat didn't last too long, probably around a year, I suppose it depends on the quality of the water as well.

I would change out the thermostat if I were you. It's pretty painless to do, solved all my problems at the time.

Edited by mwoodward

Mine was junk stuck in the thermostat causing it to be ever so slightly open and never allowing the engine to heat up over 120. Took it out dropped it in boiling water to make it open to remove the debris. Replaced it and all is well.