Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Titles

rodman

Here is a new one for the books. I purchased 2 brand new 2008 Sea-Doo's 255. I took the 12 free months no interest financing that Sea-Doo was offering. I paid them off in 11 months and got my titles back a month later.

Just last month I sold them both. The new owner went to register them and found out that there was a lien on them. Well after being totally threatened from A To Z. I called G E Capital who had the paper on my jets. I had to deal with people that could care less and didn't even speak english. I finally got a woman form in the United States she told me that there was still a lien on them, I asked her why when I paid them off and was sent the titles. She told me that was because I DID NOT REQUEST A LIEN RELEASE. She did say that it would take 7 to 14 days to send me one.

AND WE WOUNDER WHY THIS COUNTRY IS SO SCREWED UP.

FYI..........I have never asked for a lien release, but I have always received one.

Any time that I have ever have received a title it was always free and clear. The only name on the title was mine. If a back has a lien on it the banks name would of been on it. Some one dropped the ball on that deal.

Here is a new one for the books. I purchased 2 brand new 2008 Sea-Doo's 255. I took the 12 free months no interest financing that Sea-Doo was offering. I paid them off in 11 months and got my titles back a month later.

Just last month I sold them both. The new owner went to register them and found out that there was a lien on them. Well after being totally threatened from A To Z. I called G E Capital who had the paper on my jets. I had to deal with people that could care less and didn't even speak english. I finally got a woman form in the United States she told me that there was still a lien on them, I asked her why when I paid them off and was sent the titles. She told me that was because I DID NOT REQUEST A LIEN RELEASE. She did say that it would take 7 to 14 days to send me one.

AND WE WOUNDER WHY THIS COUNTRY IS SO SCREWED UP.

Thats weird, in this state the legal owner is clearly stated on the title, along with the registered owner. If your name is on the legal, good to go.

Thats weird, in this state the legal owner is clearly stated on the title, along with the registered owner. If your name is on the legal, good to go.

They sent me the titles but never took the lien off of them. In PA you can not have a title unless it is free and clear. 16 months later I found out that I was required to get request a lien release paper.

Here in Kansas you don't even have a title for the boat, just the trailer. They're death on making sure the trailer title is straight but could care less about the boat itself. How screwed up is that? When I bought my previous boat new all I had when I sold it was the title of origin from the manufacturer. When I bought my RLXI used the title I have is still what it is with the lien release signed on the back etc. If someday I ever try to sell it out of state... :whistle:

Ed