Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone using the launch pad 800# bag?

hybridpower

Hi Guys, I have a chance to pick up a used launch pad 800# single bag for a pretty good price, but was wondering if that will be to big for my Sunsetter?

Has anyone here used one? Does anyone have a photo of it in there boat? I figured I could put my rear seat up on the top "sun deck" position, and put this below. I have a wedge, will this be over kill with both?

What do you guys think?

Hi Guys, I have a chance to pick up a used launch pad 800# single bag for a pretty good price, but was wondering if that will be to big for my Sunsetter?

Has anyone here used one? Does anyone have a photo of it in there boat? I figured I could put my rear seat up on the top "sun deck" position, and put this below. I have a wedge, will this be over kill with both?

What do you guys think?

I use the Fly High Fat Seat in my Response LX. It is 1500lbs, so I don't think you need to worry about 800 being too much weight.

I use the wedge as well. Makes for a nice wake. It gets even better with another 500lbs in the bow.

barefoot, are you using the new style fat seat, or the old one with the blow up top? Do you put it on your seat, or below it? Thanks for the reply.

barefoot, are you using the new style fat seat, or the old one with the blow up top? Do you put it on your seat, or below it? Thanks for the reply.

I take my seat out, but I have the Response so our rear seats are different.

I have the old style Fly High Fat Seat. It has the blowup top but we never use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It actually works fine in my boat. I put the seat up as a sundeck, and put it under. Last time we went out I pulled the seat out completly, just to free up the room. Between that and the wedge, I have a put a bag up front, or the bow really lifts. I pretty happy with it; you can sit on it just fine. The only issue is that it takes a while to fill. I've got two pumps, so running both at once really helps.

It actually works fine in my boat. I put the seat up as a sundeck, and put it under. Last time we went out I pulled the seat out completly, just to free up the room. Between that and the wedge, I have a put a bag up front, or the bow really lifts. I pretty happy with it; you can sit on it just fine. The only issue is that it takes a while to fill. I've got two pumps, so running both at once really helps.

Thanks for the feed back, I think I have decided to go with the 2 V drive sacs so that I can re-configure them for surfing. :rockon:

we're using 2 800's in our sunsetter for surfing- one across the back (seat out) and one on the surf side. plenty of weight when you have a good crew, but we add another 300 or so in the front walkway when we are short on bodies.

slams it down in the water really well...