Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 VLX wedge problem

Thanley

I just took my brand new 09 VLX out for the first time, and put the wedge down, and now it won't go back up!

I know it has to be in gear between 1&10 mph, which I did.

Anybody run into a similar problem?

Under the boat is the speedo. Its a wheel that turns as the boat moves. I had a stick stuck in mine once and had to go under the boat and clear it then it went up. If your at home take a air compressor and blow across it and have some one push the up button.It should move up. Hope this helps

Under the boat is the speedo. Its a wheel that turns as the boat moves. I had a stick stuck in mine once and had to go under the boat and clear it then it went up. If your at home take a air compressor and blow across it and have some one push the up button.It should move up. Hope this helps

Or when you have the boat out of the water you can unscrew the pickup wheel from the bilge and manually spin it with your fingers while you have someone push the up button on the wedge.

Or when you have the boat out of the water you can unscrew the pickup wheel from the bilge and manually spin it with your fingers while you have someone push the up button on the wedge.

I had the same problem on my 09 LSV. Found out the fuse in the panel behind the steering wheel had been tripped (it is a resettable fuse) and that was caused by water getting into one of the wedge rams. The ram had to be replaced under warranty.