Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Sales numbers strong for 2005....

GTI2lo

Props to all the buyers, builders, and dealers out there who make us proud to be Malibu owners! Malibu truly is the best, but wouldn't be without the awesome PEOPLE that care about our boats. You have a ton to be proud of. Mad props.

Reminds me of a time I was getting ready to go to a particular ramp/lake and someone told me there would be some CC's and MC's there that would "shame me". I told them that I'm sure there would be some nicer boats than mine, but nothing on that lake was going to make me ashamed of my Malibu

Good Job, Malibu!

Great to see Malibu doing well.

I was a little suprised to see only ~7,000 boats sold in the entire category. I know that is growth over last year.

Given the number of boats I see on the river, I would have guessed the market was much larger for new ski/wake boats.

Great to see Malibu doing well.

I was a little suprised to see only ~7,000 boats sold in the entire category.  I know that is growth over last year. 

Given the number of boats I see on the river, I would have guessed the market was much larger for new ski/wake boats.

I'm not sure but I belive these numbers only represent 2 quarters of sales. I was talking with a dealer yesterday and Malibu's target yearly numbers were around 3500/4000 units if I understood him correctly.

Thoughts.

If you put Supra and Moomba together, same company, they are 3rd by a significant margin over CC.

I'm not surprised Supra is rising with a bullet. The 21V is an incredible boat for the money, almost untouchable in it's price range.

Surprised Malibu's sales are down, with the new incredible VLX out. I think price has something to do with that.

Some of the boats have single-digit sales numbers? Umm, is that a company or a person building boats in a garage? Interesting.

Does anyone think that Malibu will become the next "mastercraft" with their prices getting higher and higher. I know that everyones prices are going up but Malibu is really getting up there. I hope that they don't go so high that they exclude a great deal of the market that will get snatched up by moombas, supras, etc... It seems that just a few years ago CC was the best around and they seem to have rode the wave a little to long and look where they are at now (not saying that they are bad, just that they haven't changed their #1 wakeboarding boat in years and they are falling behind the competition)

It seems that just a few years ago CC was the best around and they seem to have rode the wave a little to long and look where they are at now (not saying that they are bad, just that they haven't changed their #1 wakeboarding boat in years and they are falling behind the competition)

they did come out with the sante 220 this year...but, ewwwwww...

Does anyone think that Malibu will become the next "mastercraft" with their prices getting higher and higher. I know that everyones prices are going up but Malibu is really getting up there. I hope that they don't go so high that they exclude a great deal of the market that will get snatched up by moombas, supras, etc... It seems that just a few years ago CC was the best around and they seem to have rode the wave a little to long and look where they are at now (not saying that they are bad, just that they haven't changed their #1 wakeboarding boat in years and they are falling behind the competition)

That's the reasoning behind the V-ride models. Who's at the top is cyclical. Hopefully the manufactures keep pushing one another.

I was @ Lake Nacimento (?) w/ Dan P. last Friday. Only a dozen or so boats on the lake, and the majority were Malibu. Crazy.gif

I'm glad to see Supra/Moomba up there. I think they build a nice boat as well.