Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fat Sac for the locker

zzbutler

Looking for the best possible fat sac solution for my ski locker on a 05 XTI 23. It did not come with one at all from the factory. I have heard of issues with the drains being inconveniently located and issues with them not being the right shape to maximize the space.

Gotta have a bigger surf wake. Surfing.gif

Line it, fill it full of beer and ice and invite all of us from last weekend... Beer.gif  Beer.gif  Beer.gif

Uh yeah, two problems. D-Goose has the first one nailed. The second one is that it might actually be cheaper for fat sacs considering...

Hey, how about a soft keg?

Have you tried that one? Its actually the one I was speaking of that someone wrote that it doesnt maximize the storage because of its shape. Of course, that could have been in a different type of boat.

It looks like it might be good, i just want to try and the best thing for the money since money is something i seem to be out of now. (too much fun this summer)

Check out this thread for some tests on how much weight you can really get into the ski locker. Interesting reading...

By the way, I just bought one of the Fly High Pro X tube sacs (10 x 16 x 62 = 380 lbs) to try in our SLXi. It has three valves and I'm hoping it will work out well for us. I bought through the BI outlet (check the Deal Street for more info) and the cost was $80.

Have you tried that one? Its actually the one I was speaking of that someone wrote that it doesnt maximize the storage because of its shape. Of course, that could have been in a different type of boat.

That's the factory bag that's used in my 04 mls. You're right, it doesn't really fill all the way due to space limitations but it seems to be the best solution available. You'll definitely see a difference in wake size if you have no weight in the locker now though. Totally worth it IMO.

what does PistoPete mean when he says he put it in with a longer pole? does the factory sac have some type of pipe to keep it straight or something?

Now the question is what should i use to fill the new sac i am going to put in? Run it off the front pump or install another one?

what does PistoPete mean when he says he put it in with a longer pole?  does the factory sac have some type of pipe to keep it straight or something? 

Now the question is what should i use to fill the new sac i am going to put in?  Run it off the front pump or install another one?

It is a size thing.. Crazy.gif

... and no- he was just using a pole to help jam the sack up further into the [bow] end of the locker

Correct,

I inserted a PVC pipe into one of the fill holes to get the front part of the bag all the way up to the small, pointy, part of the ski locker. This is to help spread out the bag it's entire length.

CarveItUp, let me know how that locker sac works out. I have the Pro-X side sacs, and I love 'em. I'm still trying to figure out what to put in the ski locker.