Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what prop for a 95 echelon

What is the best prop for a 95 echelon. The one on the boat now is a 13x13 and ever since someone repaired it or re shaped it the wake has been super hard...like hitting a wall.

Thanks

I put this on my 95 Echelon with a carb. It replaced a brass non cnc 3 blade 13x13 (cvp I believe). The 4 blade cupped cnc nibral helped immensely with the hole shot and the wake was not as tall but wider and softer. plus not a bad price. Use code malibu for 10% discount and free shipping. 4 blade prop

What is the best prop for a 95 echelon. The one on the boat now is a 13x13 and ever since someone repaired it or re shaped it the wake has been super hard...like hitting a wall.

Thanks

Is the prop on your boat SS or cvp? Just switching to a newer CNC machined prop will do wonders.

Edited by CumminsBu

I put this on my 95 Echelon with a carb. It replaced a brass non cnc 3 blade 13x13 (cvp I believe). The 4 blade cupped cnc nibral helped immensely with the hole shot and the wake was not as tall but wider and softer. plus not a bad price. Use code malibu for 10% discount and free shipping. 4 blade prop

Was there any change in the rpm at 34-36 mph?

Personally I'd stay away from Michigan Wheel props. They're heritage is with the slower turning props, and our experience supported that arena as the best place to leave them.

The Echelon would have a CVP 13x13 stainless as original OEM. This would be comparable to an ACME 13x12 or 13x11.5 on your 265hp Echelon. If 90% of your skiing is slalom, I'd go with the 11.5 pitch. If your use is also looking for top end speed you may want to try the 13x12, provided you can still get at least 4800 rpm from it. A 13x11.5 with additional cup would likely also work for that.

Hope that helps -

Peter

Personally I'd stay away from Michigan Wheel props. They're heritage is with the slower turning props, and our experience supported that arena as the best place to leave them.

The Echelon would have a CVP 13x13 stainless as original OEM. This would be comparable to an ACME 13x12 or 13x11.5 on your 265hp Echelon. If 90% of your skiing is slalom, I'd go with the 11.5 pitch. If your use is also looking for top end speed you may want to try the 13x12, provided you can still get at least 4800 rpm from it. A 13x11.5 with additional cup would likely also work for that.

Hope that helps -

Peter

We ski probably 99% of the time....don't care about top end speed. So running the 13x11.5 would increase rpm in the 30-36mph range?