Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My First 'Bu!! - Few questions too...

kthurst20

Well, I am really stoked to say that I pulled the trigger on my first Malibu last night. Beautiful 2006 23 LSV, loaded, power wedge, black and red, 290 hours. I'm sorry that I can't post a picture yet, I will be picking the boat up tomorrow hopefully and then I will load them up.

So, here are a few newbie questions that I have:

1) I need to add a sub, probably under the driver's console, but there is a heater down there too. Best way to handle this? And do I need a marine quality subwoofer or can i just throw in a regular sub in a box?

2) I want to swap out the tribal decal for one of the newer wakesetter decals. On a five year old boat am I going to have discoloration on black gel coat underneath the old decal?

3) Any other Newbie tips that you guys can share with me before I get her in my driveway and then in the water?!

Thanks in advance guys... Looking forward to being a long time Malibu owner!

Well, I am really stoked to say that I pulled the trigger on my first Malibu last night. Beautiful 2006 23 LSV, loaded, power wedge, black and red, 290 hours. I'm sorry that I can't post a picture yet, I will be picking the boat up tomorrow hopefully and then I will load them up.

So, here are a few newbie questions that I have:

1) I need to add a sub, probably under the driver's console, but there is a heater down there too. Best way to handle this? And do I need a marine quality subwoofer or can i just throw in a regular sub in a box?

2) I want to swap out the tribal decal for one of the newer wakesetter decals. On a five year old boat am I going to have discoloration on black gel coat underneath the old decal?

3) Any other Newbie tips that you guys can share with me before I get her in my driveway and then in the water?!

Thanks in advance guys... Looking forward to being a long time Malibu owner!

For the sub if you can build a box yourself there are a ton of options and the heater won't be an issue You don't have to have a marine rated sub, but probably would if you keep your boat on the water.

After 5 years you will more than likely have some fading around the tribal graphics. If the boat was kept inside you might not though. Either way it's going to take alot of buffing/polishing to get it ready for new graphics. Once you get those tribal graphics off you may like the look of it, they look pretty good without grapahics.

Edited by 06vlx

For the sub if you can build a box yourself there are a ton of options and the heater won't be an issue You don't have to have a marine rated sub, but probably would if you keep your boat on the water.

After 5 years you will more than likely have some fading around the tribal graphics. If the boat was kept inside you might not though. Either way it's going to take alot of buffing/polishing to get it ready for new graphics. Once you get those tribal graphics off you may like the look of it, they look pretty good without grapahics.

:plus1: Naked boats are hot!

I do like the naked look as well. I will be talking to my local dealer/detailer tomorrow to see what they think about taking the decal off and how much fading there may be. I will let you know how it looks, but im pretty sure the tribal decal is coming off unless they tell me that the fading will be really bad.