Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question re Nuts on Titan Heim Joint

I just had a new Titan III installed and have a question relating to the Heim joints. On three of the tower legs, the nut on the threaded bolt that comes out of the Heim joint and threads into the tower leg is backed down against the joint, whereas it is tight up against the leg on the fourth leg. How should these be adjusted? It seems to me that they should all be tight up against the tower leg (otherwise, what's the function of the nut)?

I just had a new Titan III installed and have a question relating to the Heim joints. On three of the tower legs, the nut on the threaded bolt that comes out of the Heim joint and threads into the tower leg is backed down against the joint, whereas it is tight up against the leg on the fourth leg. How should these be adjusted? It seems to me that they should all be tight up against the tower leg (otherwise, what's the function of the nut)?

Thanks. I thought so.

When you lock the heim joint in place, make sure it's centered on it's rotation. Not that they move much, but why induce any bind by having them turned up against the mounts.