Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No Shelf

Ronnie

I didn't like the shelf setups for the speakers on the G3 tower. SO, I made some brackets for the Bullet Hollow Points. These are the first set. They go to the powder coater next week to match the tower paint. No clearance issues with the Bimini mounts. I have designed some for the Wetsounds too.

post-5-127457129837_thumb.jpg

post-5-127457130779_thumb.jpg

I didn't like the shelf setups for the speakers on the G3 tower. SO, I made some brackets for the Bullet Hollow Points. These are the first set. They go to the powder coater next week to match the tower paint. No clearance issues with the Bimini mounts. I have designed some for the Wetsounds too.

Can't really see the hard work, can you get some better pics of the brackets you made? I have to say I like alot of the things Malibu does but that shelf is one of the dumbest ideas they've ever had.

Edited by 06vlx

One more. No pics of the full brackets until they all get back from the powder coaters. I've got a few other parts made too where Malibu fell short.

post-5-127458478428_thumb.jpg

One more. No pics of the full brackets until they all get back from the powder coaters. I've got a few other parts made too where Malibu fell short.

Let me know what else you came up with either on here or via PM.

Are you making anything to fix the bimini when it's not in use? Eye level stowage isn't working for me.

post-12485-12748104785_thumb.jpg

I see a huge problem right off the bat. (other than the obvious) If you forget to bring the line OVER the bimini when you attach it to the tow ball, there will be destruction when the line tightens up.

I see a huge problem right off the bat. (other than the obvious) If you forget to bring the line OVER the bimini when you attach it to the tow ball, there will be destruction when the line tightens up.

Your post should have said, the really obvious other than the really really obvious :Tease3: .

Are you making anything to fix the bimini when it's not in use? Eye level stowage isn't working for me.

No, not at this time. I never fold the Bimini except in the winter. It's not a problem for me then. It is low in the back when it's up, but it is about 18" farther back than the old Illusion Bimini, about the same as the old Bimini with the optional extension. If you are ~6' tall or more you will have to duck to get under it. I do like that it has a zipper behind the tow ball. You can unzip it and attach the rope to the ball easy with this setup. The one difficult thing for me was when I got the boat home and tried to unfold the Bimini, it was hard to stretch the Bimini forward to insert the forward poles while trying to raise it up in the rear by yourself. That's the only time I have tried it so it might get easier with experience. Other than that I have no problem with it. I did get a certified letter from Malibu last week on the Bimini concerning the "Front support bow Clamp Collar post." Boats built from June '09 - Jan 2010 are included. I have noticed that on boats built this month that the front clamps are different. Actually a little bigger.

If that's your boat in the picture, I would suggest moving the rear upright supports forward. That will raise the rear of the Bimini. My rear supports are straight up, not angled back like the ones pictured. Also, it's taller with it installed. When it's folded, it is a bit larger diameter from the extra material making it have less head clearance.

I would expect that if you tend to forget to run the rope OVER the Bimini, you shouldn't be the one hooking it up. :Tease3: