Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this possible? Or sham?

travlnmannn

Snowball's chance in hell that that is legit. 2007 for $14,800?? Ya, OK...of course, the boat's in Nigeria...

Guy's like that need a double-tap to the chest with hollow points. :yes::guns:

Nah, just another typo, even a scammer would not be dumb enough to put a price that low

You're right, def. legit.

A scammer would have cut and pasted a lot more info.

All this guy wants you to know about the boat is that it has 1 ballast tank and brakes on the trailer.

I'm emailing the guy right now to go look at it.

All this guy wants you to know about the boat is that it has 1 ballast tank and brakes on the trailer.

Either he meant 34k, or he is a scammer. I am interested to hear.

I say sham....can't picture people making a typo on something as important as the asking price. I have seen some extremely low prices listed when I was truck/ boat shopping.

martinarcher

Snowball's chance in hell that that is legit. 2007 for $14,800?? Ya, OK...of course, the boat's in Nigeria...

Guy's like that need a double-tap to the chest with hollow points. :yes::guns:

Plus1.gif

Too good to be true. I vote scam.

I'm always suspicious of private owner adds that show pictures of boats is large vacant parking lots. Any owner that has even a little pride in their boat is going to have pics of it on the trailer in their driveway or on their lift.

I agree that it's a scam. But man that would be one hell of a deal !!!! Did you email the guy and get a response?

Here's my initial email, anything you find funny or really stupid was done on purpose :biggrin: :

Dear Sir,

I saw your craigslist add listing this boat for sale. Can you tell me if this boat has been primarly ran in sodium or fresh water? What engine does it have, the CLR 320 or the Mongoon 340? I believe there were 2 different wedge types for that year, does it have the single blade or the upgraded triple blade configuration? And cruise control, does it have the Perfect Pass or the upgraded P4 speed control. Any additional information would be appreciated as well as any additional pictures.

Thanks,

Steve

Here's my initial email, anything you find funny or really stupid was done on purpose :biggrin: :

Dear Sir,

I saw your craigslist add listing this boat for sale. Can you tell me if this boat has been primarly ran in sodium or fresh water? What engine does it have, the CLR 320 or the Mongoon 340? I believe there were 2 different wedge types for that year, does it have the single blade or the upgraded triple blade configuration? And cruise control, does it have the Perfect Pass or the upgraded P4 speed control. Any additional information would be appreciated as well as any additional pictures.

Thanks,

Steve

Good one :biggrin:

Oh man, great email Nate!

I hope you get a response.

travlnmannn,

C'mon man, I was totally kidding, I didn't email this guy. I got way better things to do. Heck, all day yesterday I cleaned the lint outta my dryer and the exhaust tube for it that runs out the house.

As soon as anyone on here posts up a thread like "is this a scam?" or "could this be true?" It's automatically a scam. I don't know why people even bother us with it (no offense to the OP). The only thing that makes reading the thread worthy of my time is if somebody (like Nate) goes ahead and starts yanking the guys chain.

Sincerely,

John Rozenboom

This is all pretty funny. In the future all you need to do to find out if something is a scam is copy and paste the craigslist title into your google search and see what comes up. When I did it to this one I found it listed all over the country. I always wonder about the success rate of these scammers.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/for/1735208336.html :surprised: If I was looking I would be all over this thing. Looks like it's in amazing shape. Or maybe I would be the sucker buying a boat from Bangkok :Doh:

This ad was in the Dallas Craiglist a week or so ago too. It got flagged pretty quickly. The pictures actually came off of an Ebay auction from two or three weeks ago. The boat sold somewhere in the high 30's I think? I didn't watch it until the end.