Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mirror for Illusion X

Flyer

Has anyone ever bought a mirror arm from nice rack? Their website shows a mirror arm for the Titan Illusion X tower that folds back out of the way. Unfortunately they don't show a price and they do not answer their phone or respond to email messages.

I tried to get one at one time but there production leaves alot to be desired. After months of waiting I ended up getting a samson.

Has anyone ever bought a mirror arm from nice rack? Their website shows a mirror arm for the Titan Illusion X tower that folds back out of the way. Unfortunately they don't show a price and they do not answer their phone or respond to email messages.

That would be enough to keep me from buying one from them.

I tried to get one at one time but there production leaves alot to be desired. After months of waiting I ended up getting a samson.

Thanks, I was afraid that would be the answer. How do you like the samson? I was a little concerned that it does not really swing completely out of the way (especially with tall passengers moving to the bow) and that completely removing it each time would be a nuisance.

Chris

Edited by Flyer

I have the Samson on my VLX Illusion X Tower. I placed the mounting bracket between the two empty light holes on the starboard side. I then loosened the swivel bracket and moved the arm slightly towards port. The mirror itself lines up with the middle of the windsheild but the bracket and hardware is of to the right, out of my way when I stand up and steer the boat. People going through the walk-through don't even come close. Hasn't been a problem at all. The only thing I don't like about it is it shakes when under way. It's a physics thing though, not a mirror/arm thing. I would buy it all over again.

I bought a billet glove box door from nicerack and shipping took awhile. They said the box was sitting at the UPS store with no shipping label on it and they took care of it. I got the item about 2 days later so all is good. But one thing I didn't like, I had to buy new screws for the door to install. Not a big deal but I thought they would be included.

The door does look good, good quality , although pretty heavy and gets covered in fingerprints. Not sure if I would buy again.