Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My lady left with another man!

msuwaterski

After 12 years together we have gone our separate ways. It's sad and it happened so fast. Everything was going great, then we had our first child and things got tough. It seemed like we getting farther apart and the times we did spend together it just felt cramped. Then tonight she drove off with another man, an older man at that. I guess what bothers me the most is that she did not even look back, instead kept her head up proud and beautiful as ever.

I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as how boats don't have the capability to look backward when on the trailer. And I can't really be upset, seeing as how I was the one that listed her for sale. Yet, a part of me is very sad and will miss her. It's pathetic to think that you can get emotionally attached to a boat, but she represents sooo many good times in my life. I started skiing behind her when I met my wife in college. Then she was the first boat I owned when my wife and I bought her from my inlaws shortly after we got married and moved to a lake house. 3 to 4 times a week for the last five summers we got out on the lake together at 5:30am for slalom sets before work. I set my slalom PB behind her. She never broke down on us or gave us a hard time. She was a good boat!

But after having a kid we need more space and now that we wakeboard more a wedge and tower will be welcome. We will picking up our new to us 2001 SSLxi on June 12th and I can't wait. A new lady, a new set of good memories to come.

We did get to ski behind her one last time tonight. They sky was clear and sunny, it was warm, the water was glass, and she ran like a top. A fitting farewell. Goodbye EuBu (Malibu Euro F3)!

Jeff

Congratulations....I think. So what will her replacement be? (I deleted your for sale thread btw, thank you for marking it sold.)

She will probably be replaced by one half her age. :)

After 12 years together we have gone our separate ways. It's sad and it happened so fast. Everything was going great, then we had our first child and things got tough. It seemed like we getting farther apart and the times we did spend together it just felt cramped. Then tonight she drove off with another man, an older man at that. I guess what bothers me the most is that she did not even look back, instead kept her head up proud and beautiful as ever.

I shouldn't be surprised,....

Jeff

What did you expect, really, you found a younger, newer model before she was even gone. :fingerwag:

Nice work, you got me for a second there, the first paragraph had me going :biggrin: I don't care if I have a new loaded 247 on order, I will probably cry like a baby when I sell my vRide.

Isn't that weird? I sold my Four Winns I/O last summer and I still miss her. I see one that looks sort of like her from time to time and I just want to call the new owner, just to see how she is and maybe go for a ride. It's ridiculous. But I quickly move on when I get to the lake and see the Echelon ready to roll. So your longing will pass, but probably never completely!

hehe....I was totally thrown off with the first paragraph....thought we were getting a few of the crew together to go do a beat down on some guy..lol I totally understand. Even though I'm more than happy with my new BU i still look at my dealers website to say hi to her and see if someone has taken her away yet. Good luck on the new(er) BU :thumbup:

martinarcher

You got me as well with the first paragraph. Then the first sentence of the second I'm thinking....."he just lost his wife and he's using a boat analogy..........Ohhhhh....lol......." ROFL.gif

Didn't get me, but there have been a few threads around the net like this lately. Well written, though. And congratulations.

Sidenote: I'm sure my father-in-law in Vassar will gladly donate some yellow M's for the side of your new BLUE boat, MSUwaterski. :lol::lol::lol:

It's o'k. though, his wife's car (and his last name) is Green.

Suckers...

I didn't even get to say good bye to mine. Dropped it off for storage last year and then decided to list it for sale.

Sidenote: I'm sure my father-in-law in Vassar will gladly donate some yellow M's for the side of your new BLUE boat, MSUwaterski. :lol::lol::lol:

It's o'k. though, his wife's car (and his last name) is Green.

I'll pass on the block M for the side of my boat. However, I do have a new toilet I'd be glad to stick that on the bottom of :biggrin:

Edited by msuwaterski

I just went through that same charade with our '99 Ski Centurion last Saturday. :cry: But, the new Malibu will probably take some of the pain away! :) Also, congrats on the great looking new ride!

Edited by CVand2010VLX

I had the same sort of feeling the other day when the wrecker picked up my totaled Subaru that I'd had for ten years......and that's just a stupid car......not a Malibu! (i did love that car tho)

My condolences, and congratulations.