Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shaft log

I need to replace the shaft log that goes behind the packing nut on my 92 skier. It is looking a little dry rotted. How can I measure it while it is still on the boat and find the correct size without taking it off? Local boat shop said I needed to take it off and he would have to order one, but I don't want to take a chance of missing time on the water. Where can I order one myself. I took a chance and ordered one from dim and it is bigger around and on their website, this is the only size they offer. Can I just go to a local hose shop and try to match it up? Anybody done this before? Thanks for any help!

Yes, assuming you are referring to p/n 32108 it is simply a rubber hose and does not see much pressure. Any car parts / RV / marine store should be able to match it up. The gang at DIM are very helpful so they would also have good advice, I would be surprised that it is a different size as the hardware is pretty standard on these boats.

You should be able to loosen the hose clamps and (hopefully) slide the shaft seal housing forward enough to measure the needed hose ID and go from there. The length is easy to measure or just buy a bit long and trim to fit. While you are at it, I would replace the rope seal also.

yea, I have the rope seal to put in. Just need to get my hose measured. Then I will be in business.